34 Wk Ultrasound - Update on Lil Boy Twin

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there - not sure how many people are following what is going on with our little boy, but we had another peri appointment today.

His stomach is still very enlarged, which indicates that there is definitely a blockage of some sort. It looks like it *could* be a "double bubble," but the presentation of it isn't typical, so the doctor is baffled. He's also confused as to why it would show up now - we went through the many other ultrasound images of his stomach over the last few weeks, and everything looked completely normal up until the 33 week appointment. My peri has never seen anything like that, and none of the other peris in his practice have either. I made a joke about writing a paper on it, and he said, "yes, this is definitely case study material."

Another interesting finding is that they've always seen borderline excess fluid around Little Boy, but after seeing the obstruction, the extra fluid has greatly increased. At 30 weeks, the fluid was "normal," but today, it was about double what should have been there.

So, really, we're still uncertain of what is going on. More than likely he'll need surgery when he is born, and we're meeting with a pediatric surgeon on Friday to learn more.

As for the Down Syndrome connnection, there is no news on that front either. Lil Boy shows no markers of DS, other than this intestinal blockage, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as many markers aren't seen on ultrasound. We're hoping for the best, and the odds are in our favor, but we won't know anything concrete until our little munchkin is born.

I have another weekly appointment scheduled (will be 35 weeks), but at this point, the dr. will not stop labor if it begins. He's thinking it will probably happen in the next week or two.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Thank you for keeping us posted. I have been thinking about you. I really hope things go well for him. Are they concerned about the fluid levels?

July 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Thanks for the update - we're thinking of your and your LO's!!

July 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KaylaPlusTwins View Post
Thank you for keeping us posted. I have been thinking about you. I really hope things go well for him. Are they concerned about the fluid levels?
It's a concern for me more than him -- they aren't really concerned about him prior to his birth -- as long as he's getting his nutrition from me, he's a-ok.

The fluid could potentially be a problem in that I could go into labor sooner than I would have previously and be more uncomfortable (and larger!) than I would be otherwise. I did measure my belly, and about 4-5 days ago, I was at 44 3/4 inch circumference, and now I'm 46 inches.

Other than that though, the fluid isn't really a horrible thing, it's just a symptom of something not-so-great.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for keeping us updated. It sounds like the doctors are doing a great job following this. It's great they looked back at the past u/s's to make sure there wasn't something missed.

I'm sure your little boy will sail right through this. I'll be thinking about all of you.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Generally Crispy
Thats fir the update. I hope everything checks out normally when he's born. I'll keep your little man in my thoughts and prayers.
July 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Thanks for the update!I've been wondering how you were doing....It sounds like the doctors are watching this very closely.I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!
July 12th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for updating us! Good luck and make sure you keep us posted on new news. You are in my thoughts and prayers, being prego with twin at your stage is hard enough without all that stress and worry! Hang in there!

July 12th, 2009, 11:50 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Thanks for the update, I've been wondering about you. Sending lots of hugs & prayers that both twins will be born healthy and well. Ugh, those little guys keep you worrying & stressing endlessly, don't they? I'm glad the excess fluid is nothing to worry about, I kept thinking of my little baby C with hydrops, and was concerned.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

July 13th, 2009, 05:37 AM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will say a word of prayer for you and your family. I hope the meeting with the surgeon goes ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search