X-Posted: I'm Home - Birth Story (Warning - Traumatic Delivery)

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ladies,

I have just now been able to get on to view posts and I want to thank you all for your support. Terre - thank you soooo much for providing updates, it helped get me through.

If anyone can't handle a very scary birth story, please don't read, I don't want to scare anyone who hasn't yet delivered!! But all turns out well. Congrats too on all the mommies so far!!!

I went in for bedrest in the hospital at 32+ weeks and at 34+ weeks, my body was screaming "deliver", so on July 2, we went into the OR in a non-emergency type of situation. I was stress free and given my spinal and Ryan came in to be by my side. There were at least 15 or more ppl in the room! Immediately the surgery started and it seemed like 2 minutes they were pulling out baby A, then B then C and showed them to me and they are PERFECT in every way. I felt fine at this point and hubby did all the ceremonial cutting, etc. Suddenly, I remember hearing from a faraway sound that "she's losing too much blood" and one of the scariest things was feeling my body slip down into a hole and fade out. I awoke (from what I remember in the ICU), but what actually happened is that I awoke in my recovery room to massive amounts of ppl around me and they were massaging my fundus trying to get it to stop bleeding and Ryan tried to come in (unaware of a problem b/c he had gone after birth to walk the babies to the NICU and show our parents and share the babies' names). He tried to come in with me and they told him he couldn't come in, I was very sick and they needed him out. I was given blood transfusions in recovery, but was bleeding out all over and down the sides of my bed faster than they could put blood in and I was the color of the white sheet with blue lips! I vaguely remember waking to see a concerned nurse and apparantly I told her not to leave me as I was crying. Anyway, they wheeled me to ICU after working on me 2 hours and I was given 14 units of blood, 3 of plasma and 3 of platelets before I finally stablized, which took 2 days. I remember them given me a D&C without meds the next day and ladies, I have NEVER felt that much pain in my life. I was literally screaming for an hour and a half as they removed clots the size of grapefruits. I was in ICU for 4 days and then began normal recovery. This whole time I did not get to see/hold my boys Luckily, Ryan did not let anyone hold them until I got to. It was sad to hear ppl ask questions about them and I couldn't answer my own questions b/c I hadn't seen them except during the quick "hold them up at birth".

One of the saddest things I apparantly said while I was out of it was that they asked if I wanted sleeping pills at night and I said "no, b/c if I fall asleep I might not ever wake up and get to be with my boys". I was so scared of slipping away unnoticed. I prayed so hard during this time and appreciate all of your prayers. Most important, I pulled through, but this was a definite life and death thing and it scared me enough to never want to give birth again, so I am blessed I got 3 babies and feel my family is complete with that. It was rare what happened to me and a bit more common in multiples, so no one should worry about it, my uterus was just so distended and did not want to cooperate. I am feeling sooooooo much better now and am happy to report that I got ZERO stretch marks even after carrying over 13 pounds of baby!!!! Don't know how I managed that on a frame of 112 pounds!

Babies are so wonderful and I can't wait to share pics, but I am tired now and need sleep. I am still a bit rough, but feel touched by my angels to be here for my own little angels. My boys should come home next week, req'd very little assistance, just need help learning how to eat like champs. One is already breast feeding though!!! It is amazing and I feel my long journey to parenthood is finally closing one chapter and beginning a whole new one. Pics to follow!!!

Love you all!!!
Shannon

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f843-due-date-club-august-2009/1626944-im-home-birth-story-warning-traumatic-delivery-story.html#post16511071#ixzz0KlAy8pIp&C

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
July 9th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG how scary! I am so glad that your are doing better. I will keep praying for you and your boys to a speedy recovery. I thank god that you are doing great!

xoxoxoxo

July 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! Good job for pulling through, Mamma! What a crazy story! You should definitely preserve your thoughts and feelings to share with your boys when they are old enough to understand and appreciate them. And my favorite part of your post.... no stretchmarks! Haha! That's great! I'm still doing daily inspections myself, and so far so good.... but... well... still a few days to go for them to appear.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow - you were right shannon -- we did have similar experinces right down to the d/c with no meds part and the seeing your face all pale -- i thought i looked gray! even had the feeling of spiralling down a tunnel etc.....so scary. but i promise you it will all be over soon and you WILL feel back to normal one of these days. use this time while the boys are being cared for to rest as much as possible. in reality, that is not a 'privelege' (i know not a great word choice but i mean it as kindly as possible) i was allowed -- my daughter came home with me to three little boys all wanting me. good job on b/***** even after all the trauma. hang in there momma.

~~terre~~
July 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Wow, what a scary situation to have gone through!I'm so glad to hear you are doing alot better!And yay for no stretch marks!Many T&Ps that you and the boys continue to do well!

I can't wait to see pics!
July 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I'm so glad things turned out okay in the end and that you're feeling better. Take care of yourself. I hope the boys come home soon.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Generally Crispy
Congrats on your new family additions and I hope that you make a full and quick recovery. It had to be very scary. The last hours of my pregnancy went from just not feeling well to having a c-section in a short amount of time and it was very scary for me, I just cant imagine how scary everything was for you. Im glad your okay and cant wait to see pictures of your precious little ones!
July 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I am so glad to see you're OK. I am so sorry you had to go through that, I can't even begin to imagine. Rest up, and post pics when you can!

July 12th, 2009, 09:20 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Wow, what a story. I'm glad everything turned out ok! Phew! Congrats on being a triplet mommy, what a blessing!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

July 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Popping in Shannon. Wow. My gosh that was so scary, thank GOD you are okay. Crikey.

I can hardly wait to see photos of the boys

Much love,

Joanne
xxx
(as a mom of 3 boys all under 3 I can safely say you are going to love being the mom of 3 boys) LOVE IT

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search