Anyone use gDiapers? (x-posted)

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I've been curious about trying the gDiapers. But, I have a few questions.

1. How many outer linings do you use per baby?
2. When going out, is it a problem to use the diapers (changing the dirty diapers, flushing them, etc...)
3. If you LO is a soaker at night, can the gDiapers hold a large amount of pee/poopy?
4. Do you miss using the disposables?

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 10th, 2009, 02:15 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't, but a good place to ask might be the Cloth Diapering forum? And if you don't get an answer there, I know there are a ton of ladies on DiaperSwappers.com who use them.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Thanks, I'll ask there.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 10th, 2009, 02:46 PM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
definnitely check out the CD board. diaperswappers is also great as the PP said. we do cloth diaper (started CDing noah when he was about 9 months old) and plan to do so with the twins, but i have never used gdiapers. i exclusively use fuzzi bunz with noah and for the twins will start out with prefolds/fitteds with covers (a little more cost effective for the NB stage) and then transition to fuzzi bunz when they are big enough to fit well in them.

i LOVE cloth diapering and do not miss disposables AT ALL. i also CD when we go out. just change the diaper like normal, but have a separate bag to put the used diaper in and it just comes home with us.

hope that helps!

PS the upfront cost will seem like a lot but if you figure out how much you would spend on sposies, CD will definitely be more cost effective, even if you figure in the increase in water and electricity for washing and drying (or you can line dry). the increase was so small for us, that CDing was still way more cost effective. especially with twins. i figured out i could easily spend about $4500 diapering twins from NB to 3 years of age.

PPS if you aren't opposed to it, you can get some gently used CDs from diaperswappers and from the CD board here as well (although diaperswappers you will have a lot more choices). you could try a few different kinds that way and see what you like and that way if you decide to CD full or even part time, you can buy used and save money!

okay..done rambling about cloth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search