Pre-E Question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there are a couple of ladies in here who dealt with pre-e, so I figured this was as good a place as any to put my post.

Last night I discovered pitting edema on my feet after being up and about more than normal during the day. Is this always a sign of pre-e, or can it be considered "normal?" My bp has always been very low, but has creeped up over the pregnancy (a couple days ago was around 115/75, which is "high" for me, but doc didn't seem concerned). So far, there has never been protein in my urine.

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and have an appointment with my peri, but wanted to get your thoughts....

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had HELLP Syndrome. I had a OB appointment on Friday and everything was fine. Saturday I went shopping and Sunday morning my feet were huge. I figured I did too much. I rested and Sunday night I had a huge pain on my right side. I had contractions and got sick. I went to the hospital and they checked me out. My blood pressure was just above normal. They check my urine and nothing. They sent me home. I went in on Monday and was fine. Tuesday night the same thing happened. I had pain, vomiting, and contractions. They got them stopped and I went to the Peri and they found high blood pressure and protein in my urine. They sent me to the hospital and they did some blood work. The results came back that I had extremely low platelets, and my liver and kidneys were shutting down. I had an emergency c-section at 28 weeks. I would definately be keeping an eye on any symptoms. You are getting farther along so the water retention could be a result of that. I would talk to your OB or Peri about any symptoms.
July 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Definitely call if you're worried. There's nothing wrong with calling, kwim?

July 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that it is one of the "red flags" of pre E but I also know that some women are just more prone to swelling then others. I'd definitely make sure your doc keeps an eye on it. I was seriously swollen and had a bit of pitting edema (not serious) and I never got Pre E. I had a small amount of protein in my urine as well. My blood pressure however was always normal. It can be a sign of something serious though, so make sure you bring it up with your OB or Peri.

July 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I've read that can be one of the signs of pre-e but i think your BP is great!Although i'm not a doctor!LOL My BP today was 130/90!But that's normal for me.I would talk to your peri about it and see what he says.That's great that there's no protein in your urine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search