dumb comments?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get asked at work when I am due and I don't even bother telling people it's twins when they look at my belly like I am a cow because when I do they say such stupid things like did you plan to have twins? HOW DO YOU PLAN THAT??? and I had one lady tell me I was brave I can not imagine how annoying it will be when I actually have them out in public, I don't really like people so I don't really enjoy thier weird comments LMAO
July 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People drove me NUTS!

I love the "are your twins identical" they are boy girl and look nothing alike??? HRMMMM Or when I was in public and I was 4 months along a lady asked me if I was about to pop.
July 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Generally Crispy
Oh the comments were my favorite! If someone asked when I was due I would say I wasnt pregnant. People would be nosey and ask how we got twins and I will say things like lots of sex. Ive got another favorite that I say from time to time depending on how intrusive the person is and this is generally when my husband wants to die of embarassment and walks away. Someone here posted once about when people would ask if they were both hers she would say that one was her husbands girl friends child and I think that has to be my favorite. I try to have a little fun with other peoples ignorance.

I think my least favorite remark is, I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old, its the same as twins! Yeah right!
July 19th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I have a girl point her phone right at me and take a picture. I think that I was like 25-30 weeks. UGH!!!

July 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People are obsessed about the whole "are they identical" thing-weird! What does it matter, really?
July 20th, 2009, 04:59 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nessy I totally agree when they say I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old. its NOT the same!
July 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nessy*~ View Post
Oh the comments were my favorite! If someone asked when I was due I would say I wasnt pregnant. People would be nosey and ask how we got twins and I will say things like lots of sex. Ive got another favorite that I say from time to time depending on how intrusive the person is and this is generally when my husband wants to die of embarassment and walks away. Someone here posted once about when people would ask if they were both hers she would say that one was her husbands girl friends child and I think that has to be my favorite. I try to have a little fun with other peoples ignorance.

I think my least favorite remark is, I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old, its the same as twins! Yeah right!
You're awful! I love it!!!! I too hate it when people tell me their kids are so-and-so months/years apart so it's the same thing. I just usually smile politely and not say anything. But, I feel like smacking them upside the head. GRRR that gets to me! I don't even try to pretend what it's like to have one at a time and understand the problems they face with two different aged kids. It's hard I'm certain it is, but the problems and issues are nothing alike! They are just different. I don't see how it's fair to compare to anyone in the matter. Though I do understand that it's just people trying to related the best they can...but just don't tell me that "it's almost the same thing".

The people who are buying the house I'm living in now have a 2 1/2 year old son and a b/g 7 month set of twins. I tell her how I couldn't imagine what she must have to go through. We both know it's a blessing to have these kids. We both went to through so much to have them, but I only have these two boys. I know nothing about raising two kids of different ages. I'll never tell anyone that "it's almost the same thing".

The most annoying comment I get besides the "it's almost the same thing," comment is, "you've got your hands full!" I fell like saying back, "really? are you offering help? Do you offer babysitting? Is there anythign I can do to make my life easier so you can rest well?" I can go on, but I'm so tired of hearing it. I used to just look for the sign that people were about to say that sentence to me and I'd just say, "Yep, I got my hands full." That worked originally, but now, even saying it annoys me.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 21st, 2009, 06:23 AM
Veteran
People drove me nuts too.

I brought my kids to our company Christmas party and my co-workers wife's first comment to me was that it was harder for her because her kids were different ages (2 1/2) and a 6mth old or something like that.

I didn't say anything but I was so angry and I felt sorry for my co-worker at the same time.
July 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still get the "you must have your hands full" comment, which drives me nut! Cause I usually get it when 3 of the kids are acting up...I just want to say " Really? I didn't notice".

I don't seem to get the" are they twins" question much now that they are older, but I get "they must be close in age" Which I get to reply.. "Yes they are 25 minutes apart".

I also HATE it when someone start talking to be about.. Oh my friend/sister/brothers girlfriends dog has twins. The other day I was checking out at the grocery store and the lady behind the counter was.. all OH... my friend has b/g twins too. They are 7 months old now.. (I'm all OH.. that's nice) THEN she says.." my friend had to have an emergency c/s because baby girls cord got wrapped completely wrapped AROUND baby boy and wouldnt' let him come out. .. I just looked ar her like she was a dumb ***..

THEN I got the my kids are 2 1/2 and 18 months so I know what it's like comment...

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
July 22nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Shawna, the comments NEVER stop. You'll learn very quick just to let it roll off your back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search