When do you stop being so concerned

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always have this thought that there is something wrong. My last ultrasound was last Wednesday and both babies looked fine. My next ultrasound isnt until next Wednesday and already I am concerned that there is something wrong. I know it is still early but I was hoping to start being able to feel the babies this week and maybe it would put my mind at ease. Does or has anyone else felt this way?

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
July 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to be concerned for every ultrasound. Now I get excited for those, but still have the first few panicked seconds where I make sure I can see the heart beats. I also still get a bit anxious before my weekly NSTs. I lay in bed every morning making sure I can feel both babies before I get up. I don't know if I'm ultra paranoid or normal.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I dont' think you ever really stop worrying, but you do need to find a way to distract yourself. Focus on other aspects of your life. Try to do something active to enjoy yourself while you are just pregnant. Once you ahve these kids, some things will have to be put on hold for a little bit, so now is a good time to get in some of those fun things before they arrive.

I didn't feel my boys until about 24 weeks. If your placenta is in front, it may take longer to feel your baby's movement. Also, it depends on their position. You might feel one and not the other for a while. Mine were positioned top/bottom for most of the pregnancy. I felt baby A almost all the time. It was a big treat to get a kick or so from Baby B for most of the pregnancy. Once Baby B started to move head down, I started to see and feel licks from both of them all day long....mostly at night. I called it Jiffy Popping cause I looked like one of those Jiffy Popcorn pans with The way they were punching and kicking my belly.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
July 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM
Generally Crispy
Know what you mean. Sometimes those appointments`eem so far away. Once I reached half way to the next appointment I went into worry mode. I did this until I delivered. Oddly, when it came time to deliver it was everyone elses worry that took me to the doctor.
July 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I also never stopped worrying. I felt like there was no way I was going to bring 2 babies home from the hospital. My kids are now almost 2 and I STILL worry that something awful is going to happen to one of them. I am a worrier by nature though.

Enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can. Worrying won't help anything.

July 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the great advice ladies. So I have another question, Did most of you have ligament pains constantly. I feel like I am going to pull something in my lower stomach area sometimes. Is this normal?

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
July 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I always get very anxious right before my ultrasounds,but as soon as i see them it goes away.Being pregnant with twins is so different then a singleton pregnancy.I don't think we will ever stop worrying though,even as they get older.
July 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am the same way I just can not see myself with 2 more kids so I just feel like something must be wrong but I still worry constantly about my other kids so I knoe it never ends LOL
July 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna-mom-to-4 View Post
I am the same way I just can not see myself with 2 more kids so I just feel like something must be wrong but I still worry constantly about my other kids so I knoe it never ends LOL
Yep that's exactly how i feel...I don't think it's actually hit me yet that there are gonna be two infants here in three months!
July 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
unfortunately ------ never!!

July 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Never. I always find something else to worry about!

July 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never

It did get easier each time, but I was still nervous at every u/s I had every 2 weeks. And guess what? Now that I have the girls, I am still so nervous about their development and everything! So, it will get a little easier, but you will not be worry free again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search