A little update

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is so hard to find time to get online anymore. With a VERY active toddler who will be two next month and newborn twins my days are whirlwinds of craziness.
The twins are doing well. Evan has reflux so he is on meds that seem to help only some. They are currently going through another growth spurt and eating like crazy all morning. Plus they both cluster feed in the evenings. Emma slept 4 hours Sunday night and then 5 hours Monday night. Last night she was up more often...probably due to the growth spurt they are on now. Or at least I am hoping as I am very happy I finally have a baby that sleeps. Evan is up every two hours at night to feed and weighed in at 9lbs 2oz last week at his reflux appt.
It is hard to get out of the house with all three so we have been staying at home. Which I feel bad for my toddler because he is in such a better mood when I can get him out to run off some steam. But, most people are stopping by here to visit and to bring meals so that has helped alot! Two weekends ago all 5 of us went grocery shopping and so many people stopped us to see the twins. I felt like we were on show or something. We were such an entourage I guess..lol.
So, that is the gist of what is going on here. Miss the computer time I used to have and the less chaotic life but things will calm down and get better as the twins get older I am sure.

July 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad to hear from you. I hope things settle down a little more for you.

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
July 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to get an update. I'm glad things are going well for the most part. Hopefully Evan's reflux goes away quickly.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reflux is the worst isn't it? Bella has it too. My OB suggested rice cereal in her bottle on top of her meds. I was reluctant at first because everything I researched frowned upon that, But I am so glad I did now. I think she feels way better. I didn't do that though until her 4 month appt. I don't know what it would do for a newborn. Don't feel bad, I hardly ever leave my house and the girls are 5 months old. LOL I can't imagine adding a two year old to the mix! I just have such a routine down that leaving would throw my whole day off! (And who needs that!) . You sound like your coping well though. I cried the first 3 months. Things are much better now! Good luck, and try to KUP! I hope Evan's reflux gets better. Is he on Zantac?

July 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, he is on Zantac. I called yesterday to let the ped know that the med was not working fully (he had been on it for 6 days) but she wants to keep him on that med for a little while longer before switching him to a new one.

July 22nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
It's so good to hear from you Jaime!I can relate to the very active toddler!Kayden is non-stop and it's defiantly getting hard to chase him around without getting discomfort!I don't even wanna imagine what it's gonna be like when the girls are here!LOL

Yay for Emma sleeping!Kayden had reflux to and had to take the Zantac,we also tried the rice cereal....he was a bad sleeper.I found putting him in the boppy pillow to sleep helped some.It sounds like Evan is a great weight though!
July 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Thanks for checking in! Spencer had AWFUL reflux, he was a VERRRRRRRYYYYYY hard baby, and I felt like Samantha was sort of left aside because of it. Anyway, Zantac didn't work AT ALL. The night he started Prevacid, he was a completely different baby. We refused to do the rice in the bottle thing, because it gave him horrible stomach problems. Anyway, with the crib elevated, and his prevacid, we had a brand new baby.

July 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I am glad to hear thing are kind of settling down. Hope that the reflux meds help. Been there done that!!

July 26th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KaylaPlusTwins View Post
Thanks for checking in! Spencer had AWFUL reflux, he was a VERRRRRRRYYYYYY hard baby, and I felt like Samantha was sort of left aside because of it. Anyway, Zantac didn't work AT ALL. The night he started Prevacid, he was a completely different baby. We refused to do the rice in the bottle thing, because it gave him horrible stomach problems. Anyway, with the crib elevated, and his prevacid, we had a brand new baby.

I have heard great things about Prevacid. That was my next step if things didn't start working better with the Zantac. Luckily things are going better now so I won't rock the boat! LOL. Prevacid would be my next step though, I've talked with so many people who say it works wonders.

July 27th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, a two year old + newborn twins really kicks it up a notch...
Prevacid took awhile to work for the twins, but now its working great!
July 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I have been following you since back in your TTCMA days, and it is such a joy to see you with your 3 gorgeous babies! Congrats again, and I hope things continue to go well for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are going well! I hope the reflux improves with meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search