32 week appt

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
had an appt yesterday. everything is going great! baby A is around 4 lbs 7 oz and baby B is 4lbs 8 oz (give or take i am sure at this point). i am measuring 36 weeks (i was measuring 38 weeks last week but they have slightly changed position so i am sure that's the difference). my fluid levels and cervix are looking great also. my NST was perfect. still no word on the "official" date yet. i think my OB is going to try to talk to the peris before next wednesday (my next appt) and get them on the same page. if i had to guess i would say it will be somewhere between August 24th and August 31st (assuming nothing happens before then).

i am actually feeling pretty "off" today. i slept horribly last night and had a reflux "incident" that caused me to be unable to breathe, wake up choking etc. then i could only sleep on my left side so my leg and hip are really sore! i am hoping this is just super tiredness and soreness because of last night and nothing is brewing. i am not ready to have these babies yet!

July 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad things look good. Have you started BPP ultrasounds or are you just doing growth at this point?

I've started to have some heartburn/reflux as well. It's not fun. It doesn't matter what I eat, I could eat nothing and still get it when I'm lying down.

Do you sleep w/ a pillow between your knees? That may help w/ the leg and hip pain if you aren't already doing that.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 23rd, 2009, 10:22 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Sounds like a great appointment!Sorry about the heartburn,Have you tried Prevacid OTC?My OB put me on this because mine gets so bad it starts to irritate my asthma.

Hope your able to get some rest soon!
July 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great appointment! You're baking some big babies in there!!

The reflux stuff definitely sucks, and that has happened to me before as well -- I've jolted awake coughing because stomach acid made its way into my throat.... fun! I keep a bottle of Tums by the bed and anytime I feel the urge, I chew one -- usually 4-5 a night now. I also feel you on the side sleeping -- I'm a back sleeper, but obviously can't do that anymore, so I alternate right and left sides with a body pillow. I usually have to get up to go pee once an hour or so, so I switch sides at that point. If I don't have to get up, I switch when one butt cheek and leg starts cramping up... another fun symptom!!!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
July 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Sorry you're feeling rough....I am SOOO glad I am not preggo anymore...soon you will feel normal again. Great job on baking those babies, only a couple more weeks - you can do it!!!

BTW - I took Pepcid 20mg twice a day - it was only thing that kept the acid at bay and if I forgot I would have one of those horrible choking episodes - def no fun!

July 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds good and congrats. I hope they hold out for you.

July 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
I'm glad things look good. Have you started BPP ultrasounds or are you just doing growth at this point?

I've started to have some heartburn/reflux as well. It's not fun. It doesn't matter what I eat, I could eat nothing and still get it when I'm lying down.

Do you sleep w/ a pillow between your knees? That may help w/ the leg and hip pain if you aren't already doing that.
well i think they said they were starting the BPP u/s at 30 weeks (when i started coming weekly) but they haven't told me the "score" or anything and it seems like they do all the same stuff they usually do. they seem to only be doing the actual measurements every other week. (they used to do them at every appt but i guess that's when i was going every 2 weeks so that makes sense).
i have a pillow between my knees, two under my head, and one behind my back. i slept MUCH better last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mandy* View Post
Sounds like a great appointment!Sorry about the heartburn,Have you tried Prevacid OTC?My OB put me on this because mine gets so bad it starts to irritate my asthma.

Hope your able to get some rest soon!
i use the rolaids soft chews. usually about two a night. they taste really good and do help some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kticesk8s View Post
That sounds like a great appointment! You're baking some big babies in there!!

The reflux stuff definitely sucks, and that has happened to me before as well -- I've jolted awake coughing because stomach acid made its way into my throat.... fun! I keep a bottle of Tums by the bed and anytime I feel the urge, I chew one -- usually 4-5 a night now. I also feel you on the side sleeping -- I'm a back sleeper, but obviously can't do that anymore, so I alternate right and left sides with a body pillow. I usually have to get up to go pee once an hour or so, so I switch sides at that point. If I don't have to get up, I switch when one butt cheek and leg starts cramping up... another fun symptom!!!
well i am normally a tummy sleeper. i have two long pillows, one on my left and one on my right and i try to alternate sides but it seems like when i am sleeping on my right is when i have the "episodes". i managed to stay on my left last night and slept so much better and no reflux issues either!!

oh and yes, i am not surprised they are big babies....my son was almost 10 lbs! i was 9 lbs 10 oz as was my niece and my two sisters were both in the high eights. seems to run in the family!

July 25th, 2009, 05:17 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
So glad things are going well! Keep those babies baking! You're doing a great job!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search