Are they natural??

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I get such a kick out of that question ....seriously why do people want to know how my twins were conceived?? I usually am in such a rush I don't have a good comeback. But come on - are they natural - like as opposed to alien-like or cloned??

Here's another good twin comment I got from the checkout cashier today

Cashier: are they twins?
Me: yes
Cashier: are they identical
Me: no
Cashier: they don't look alike
Me: mmmmm
Cashier: then they aren't really twins
Me:?????

ETA: a pic of my non-twins twins

Last edited by tundrababy; July 23rd, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
July 24th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Generally Crispy
people are strange. i often wonder how some of the have made it this far in life without getting their neck ties stuck in paper shredders and their hair caught in oscilating fans.
July 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a similar comment the other day. A waitress asked if they were twins. We said yes. She came back a few minutes later and studied them real close then said they don't look alike so they're not quite twins, then.
July 25th, 2009, 05:15 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
UGH! We haven't gotten any stupid comments like that, I wonder what I'd say though, LOL

July 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use to LOVE when I went to the store and the cashier said aww are you having a boy or a girl.. I would say Both... and walk away smiling as she stood there confused.
July 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get crazy comments all the time too! Jen...Owen and Rhys are so adorable!! Can you believe how big our babies are getting?! CRAZY!!

July 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This thread cracked me up. It's amazing how stupid some people are.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
JoMomma's Avatar Double the Fun!
I love when people ask me if my boy/girl twins are going to be identical.... ???? I just look at them with a puzzled look. I just don't think people understand anything about twins...
July 26th, 2009, 07:43 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
JoMamma I TOTALLY agree!! Ummm they don't even have the same plumbing HELLO?!?!
August 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Aly Welch's Avatar Aly
I'm new here and still trying to wrap my brain around the idea of twins. Anyway, it drives me crazy when people ask if they are natural. I'm only 30 so I don't know why people automatically jump to that conclusion, or why they think it's acceptable to ask something so private.

On a similar note, when I was telling someone I had to see a perinatologist they asked if it was because of my age. Yes, it's totally the fact that I'm 30 years old and not the fact that I'm having twins. UGH!!!

If anyone ever questions their actual twin-dom, I think I'll fly off the handle. Honestly I got irritated just reading your stories, and it's not the hormones! ;P

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh. I hate the "natural" question. I always want to say, "no they are UNnatural"

August 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Odd, I don't get those questions-maybe I don't look approachable pushing a 10' long stroller with twins hanging onto a wild 2 year old... Fine by me!
August 23rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Veteran
Luckily for me, now that the twins are getting older, we don't get many questions anymore. One of the plusses of having boy/girl twins...

]
August 24th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LMAO how stupid people can be, I work in retail so ALL DAY I hear stupid things from did you plan on having twins? umm not sure how you plan them. and I have had SO MANY people say things like OMG THAT SUCKS!!!! gee thanks for making me feel less worried about handling it LOL
August 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I have been fairly patient with the are they identical question only because they are both boys so it common for those that have any clue on the different twin to still wonder...even though they look nothing alike. I just say they are fraternal.

I had one woman here taking pictures of our house when we first put it on the market and she asked if they were both mine after a lot of time looking at both and then at me. LOL!

I think if someone asks me if they were natural, I'm not sure I'd be able to resist telling them the honest truth. They were conceived in a petri dish in a secret science lab that no one but those dressed in white coats and special facial masks and other medical wear are allowed to enter. Teehee, make it sound like some sort of science fiction movie. I'd probably get some strange looks. LOL

If I, however, got the they aren't really twins comment, I may not be so nice. That just puzzles me. That might even annoy me more than the common, "my kids are born about year apart, so it's almost the same thing." If I was nice I'd explain that there are more than identical twins out there. "Twin" does not have to mean the same in appearance.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
August 24th, 2009, 07:57 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first thing people asked when I said I was having twins was are they natural? Of course this was right after the octomom appeared everywhere, so I could partially rationalize the question. But the dumb questions some of you ladies are getting, and the "they are not really twins" comments are astounding. How dumb can people be?

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
August 24th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
That's crazy...I think the most common comment i've gotten so far is....

"you're having twins?"
"yes"
"don't you have a little boy at home too?"
"yes"
"well was it planned to be that close?"
"yes in fact we had a big family meeting about it, and since DH didn't vote with the rest of the tribe, he was voted off the island"

It just bothers me that people point out the fact that I have a LO at home. Yes, he's only 13 months, and I would hope that me of all people would know that. ARGH!

August 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I were out at a store yesterday with the twins in their double stroller. Someone asked if they were twins. DH said "No, we just stole one of them out of a cart." The person looked at us trying to figure out if he was joking as we walked away.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search