Swelling?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I've never had swelling with any of my four other pregnancies,but MAN the last few days my feet and ankles have been swelling SO bad!I thought it was just because i've been on my feet alot baking cakes for two of my kids birthdays,but it seems like it starts as soon as i get up in the morning.I checked my BP and it was normal.I go to my appointment in a week so i will be bringing this up then to,But holy cow!

Anyone else have alot of swelling during their pregnancy?
August 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Generally Crispy
I swore the top side of my fat little feet jiggled when I walked! LOL. I started to swell around 20 weeks, It set in pretty bad for me about the last 4 weeks and the final week it was beyond gross. But I did swell alot with every pregnancy.
August 4th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started swelling on Saturday. My fingers and face are both swollen, but my feet aren't yet. My BP is fine. I just had an OB appointment yesterday and everything else looks great too. I don't know why I'm swelling except I got a little lazy about how much water I was drinking. I made sure I downed a ton yesterday and my fingers seem a lot better today. It doesn't help that it's hot and humid this week.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

August 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I had some pretty sweet swelling but not until 32wks when my pre-e started. And because of that I had some major swelling AFTER the twins were born - all my extremities looked like sausages - that was some major peeing and nightsweats to get rid of that.

August 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i swelled the last month of my pregnancy. It got pretty bad the last week or so and really bad days before I went into labor. My hands swelled but my feet and ankles were the worst.

August 7th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the most swelling with my twins. It was really bad some days. Put your feet up and rest.

August 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Mandy, you have 4 older kids?

I had no swelling at all, with either of my pregnancies.

August 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I had swelling with all my pregnancies. I had support hose that I had to were because I had vein problems. Just put your feet up as much as you can and watch you salt intake.

August 19th, 2009, 08:56 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kept my feet up for most of the pregnancy, so I was good until the last 3-4 weeks or so. The swelling got MUCH worse after delivery though! My ankles and calves didn't start looking normal until 2 weeks postpartem.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
August 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I am swelling! My bp has been fine, although I do check it regularly, to be on the safe side. Everyone, friends and family, is telling me it is juts this excessive heat we are having lately , and the fact that I need to spend more time with my feet up , which I am working on.

Right now, its just my feet and one hand. Had an appt in the middle of the week (that's when we found out about the boys) and he didn't seem concerned and I have another one next week (standard weight, etc), so we'll see what happens then.

Nice to know that other people are experiencing the same things!

Last edited by jlaynie; August 23rd, 2009 at 02:44 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search