Question for you ladies

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
Hi,
I recently found out I am pregnant again and am curious what your symptoms were in the beginning before you found out you were having multiples. I have this feeling I am having multiple babies. First day of my last period was June 25th and I am pretty sure that I probably got pregnant around the 4th of July. So I am not that far along. I got a VERY clear positive test last tuesday from a $ Tree test and I never really believe those when I see them. So I went two three days later on Friday and bought an EPT 5 days sooner test and it came up with two VERY bright lines again within 20 seconds of POAS. So the fact that my tests are coming up that clear this early has me wondering if I could be having multiples here. I went and had my HCG and progesterone tested today and am suppose to get the results tomorrow morning. I have been very sensitive to smells, more so than my previous 2 sucessful pregnancies. So if some of you could tell me some of the symptoms that you experienced in the very early stages I would appreciate it!
Thanks,
Meighan

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
August 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
My first major symptom was fatigue and then came the nausea. As for HPT - I believed I conceived on May 24th and had a VERY BFP on June 10th - I really had no idea it was going to be twins

Good Luck and KUP!!

August 4th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
The only symptom that was different from xavier was I had more occasions of nausea (but not excessive, I didn't have any with Xavier). And I had to pee a lot. Actually it was my constant need to pee is what made me think I was pregnant.

August 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i actually didn't have any exaggerated symptoms at all. it was very similar to my first PG in fact. also, i got my BFP at 13 DPO but had a clear BFN at 10/11 DPO. so i am really no help!! ha!

KUP and H&H 9 months to you!

August 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
First off,Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I really did not have any symptoms.I did get a very strong BFP though.I found out at 6 weeks and then the only symptom i had early on was extreme exhaustion.

KUP!
August 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Nothing is by the book. I had twins and did not have any real symptoms throughout my entire pregnancy. I had many miscarriages before and each of those pregnancies I tested positive early. This one, tested positive later than usual. I knew when I conceived because I went through IVF. Everything from ovulation to conception is controlled. When the embryos implant is not, but it's all pretty much around 2-4 days after they were transferred back in to the uterus.

Could you be having multiples? Sure, but wait until your tests come back. Even then you cannot be absolutely sure until you get an ultrasound. The first one isn't always accurate as far as twins go, but you'll have a much better idea then. If you are having twins, they will both show up on the u/s eventually.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
August 4th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
Thanks ladies for your input! I got my test results this morning from the doctor and my progesterone was a little low which is apparently normal for my pregnancies. It was at a 15 but my HCG was at 3,083 which is unbelievable to me! My past two miscarriages I heard levels at 12 or 20 so when I heard that number I about fell over and cried right there and then! So I have a really great feeling this time about this one sticking! My doctor wants to do and u/s on Thurs morning so I will let you know then if we find anything else out! Thanks again for your input!!!

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
August 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
That's great news!!! As far as my doctor goes (my RE), he had said that there's no proof that higher numbers definitely ensures a healthy pregnancy. He has seen women with very low amounts of progesterone have full-term healthy pregnancies with no complications. So the progesterone levels you were seeing may not have anything to do with twin vs. singleton.

i wish you luck on your u/s! I hope you see what you are looking for!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search