did you??

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
get to hold the babies right away? I will be having my 3rd section. with DD i did ot even get to see her for 5 hrs until i was back in my room and with DS as soon as i was done being stitched up they put him under my gown and I held him the entire time in recovery and it was so awsome and I felt like I really bonded with him, i am so worried I will not get to see/hold the right away
August 10th, 2009, 12:14 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope mine were rushed away being only 29 weeks, even though they were breathing fine on there own. I did get to meet them both before they were transfered.

August 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I delivered vaginally, but after Adalyn was born, she was put on my chest for a minute until they took her away to get cleaned up (still in the same room though). I didn't really hold her until after Alivia was born (28 mins later). Livi was also put on my chest immediately after birth and then taken away to get cleaned up. After both placentas were delivered and I got stitched up, I got to hold both. I was nursing both within 1 1/2 hours for Addi and 1 hour for Livi.

August 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No my girls were 28 weekers and I had an emergency c-section and I had to be completely under due to my low platelet count. I did see them about 3-4 hours after they were born. I did not get to hold McKenzie until she was 1 week old. It was a long time until I got to hold Madison due to her Diaphragmatic Hernia.
August 10th, 2009, 04:34 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Nope. I had to do the recovery thing and all that and then they took me up to the NICU in my bed to see them. I got to hold Spencer, but Sam was under one of those oxygen bubble thingies. The next day the NICU sent down pictures for me to see and that is when I got to hold them for longer.

August 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
It was a little while before I got to hold them, but not too long. DH went with them to recovery while I got stitched up. Then they were getting their baths and under the warmers when I got wheeled in. When the nurses were done with them I got to nurse right away!

August 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
My boys stayed with us in the operating room while I got stitched up and then went down to our room together. We even got to nurse within 2hrs of being born.

August 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but to be honest I was so happy that everyone was okay that it didn't really bother me. They were preemie so they were observed in the nursery for an hour or two(can't remember exactly). Sebastian had a rough start(wasn't breathing at first), so they just wanted to be sure he didn't didn't need more help. He was fine after an hour and didn't need any help, so they were brought to my room and stayed there until they needed the billi lights.

August 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a c-section. After about an hour in recovery I got to hold them both. Within a few minutes the nurse took Benjamin because she noticed he was having difficulty breathing. It was another day or two before I got to hold him again. Adam got to stay in the room with us.
August 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can request that you get to hold them first- if everything is ok. I know different hospitals have different policies about that. I didn't have a c-section, so yes, I got to hold them right away

August 12th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Generally Crispy
Yes and No. After all my pieces were put back tohether I held Hurricane for a brief minute in the OR. Eclipse went to the NICU and I dont think I got to hold her until the next day. I was allowed to touch her but not pick her up. I feel like I missed out on a special bonding time with her.
August 12th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Veteran
I had a c-section. They were born at 37 weeks. My husband held them while they were stitching me up and they went to recovery with me. I even breastfed them in recovery. They never got taken away and I gave them their first baths after we came home.

]
August 19th, 2009, 09:05 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My C was under general, so I didn't get to see them right away. I got to see Jasmine after I was moved out of recovery. Preston was in the NICU, and I got to see him the next day... about 12 hours later. It sucked, but they're both home now! =)

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
August 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope I got to see Sophia for about 5 seconds when they held her up and Olivia has a few issues so they took her right away. I had an emergency C-section due to HELLP and had to have the booties on my legs after, I didn't meet my girls until the next night

August 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. They were 1st assessed by the neonatologist & the nurses, then I got to hold them. The only baby I didn't get to actually hold was Sofia. She was under an O2 tent for the 1st hour.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search