How often you go out alone with your twins

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How often you take your twins out by yourself in a week?
Never!!! 3 20.00%
Maybe once a week 4 26.67%
2-3x a week 5 33.33%
Daily 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Just wondering how much you ventured out by yourself with twins....

August 15th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Generally Crispy
I would take DD to school but I never had to get out of the car. Other than that I never went anywhere alone.
August 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Mine are 2 and I just attemped an outing on Monday that resulted in me bawling my eyes out in the parking lot of the store. I won't be trying again anytime soon.

August 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now, I go out daily with them. I have to! They are at an age where if we stay home, we all go crazy.

I remember I was so nervous about taking them anywhere by myself when they were first born. One day I just packed them up and we went out, and it was fine It got easier every time I went out with them.

August 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't mind taking the two of them out, but three nearly kills me!

Lucky mother to five!

August 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Mine are good when we go out, but lately I've been focusing on moving and getting organized. I want to start taking them out for walks, but it's just so hot. I don't do well in the heat either. Partly cause of my illness, but mostly cause I just can't stand the heat. When it's a little cooler, I'll be taking them out more.

Together, my DH and I will take them out for dinner every other week. For a little while it was once or twice a week, but then the move came and that idea went out the window. It'll pick up again.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
August 15th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
We go out alone all the time and have been since they were about a month old. I prefer to go out when DH is with me, but he travels a lot so I manage on my own.

August 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
This is such a good ?. Any of you take them out and have other kids? How old were they when you took them say to Wal Mart or to a fast food restaurant. My older two are going to want to go to Chick Fil A to play at some point. I hate not to take my older two places.
August 16th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TandB...I didn't have any other kids when my twins were babies, but other moms here did and I'm sure they will let you know how it goes.

I used to go out with all 3 by myself all the time. I didn't go out with the twins much by myself until they were maybe 4 or 5 mths old. It is much easier now that everyone is older but I still struggle with Nathan since he has a lot of issues that go along with autism. Currently he gets 30 hours a week of behavior therapy so I usually have his TSS (therapist) with us if we go to the playground, store or whatever, so I guess I don't do much all by myself anymore.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

August 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use to take them out alone alot more when they were in infant carseats lol it was so much easier. However now that they are close to 2 I dont do it very often.

I often take my older boys out to do stuff while DH stays home with the babies. I try to give the older 2 some alone time cause the twins can be time consuming.

Last edited by CrystalMay; August 16th, 2009 at 07:22 AM.
August 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
I will take them out by myself but I like to have DH there because having 5 it is a little difficult.

August 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I'll take them out to Target, maybe grocery shopping if I am feeling energetic a couple of times a week when DH is at work. I have never gone out to eat with all of them by myself. Having an older child isn't so bad, Danika is actually really helpful and usually will behave well (nothing like being bribed

August 17th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try my best to get out of the house every day with them..... keep sme sane and helps them to sleep at night. If it's real hot outsidew then I take them to the mall and walk around for a bit

August 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do get out of the house at least 2-3 times a week with all three of the kids. Fridays I get together at a park with a group of other mom friends and we let the kids play. Other times have been to the mall or other places. It is easy right now that the twins are still in infant seats (in the stroller) and sleep for the most part. Grocery shopping on the other hand, is an all family event on the weekends with DH included. I think I might be able to take them grocery shopping using two carts (like we do now) or my Bjorn but it would have to be a small shopping trip.

August 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I just took mine out for lunch at Red Robins. They LOVED it there and the waitress played with them too. Then we went to get their hair cuts. Kiefer was so good and patient. Cameron on the other hand. Hated the comb. I had to pin down his hands so he wouldn't grab the scissors and comb while the hair cutter was cutting his hair. He came out looking really nice. Kiefer's hair is good, but I think next time I want the back of his hair buzzed and not scissored. His hair grows fairly quickly so it wont' be too long. His hair does look nice now though....not too much different than last time, but with just a little longer on the bangs. I'd have preferred longer bangs. Jason likes his hair cut, so I'm happy too.

Cameron was just being Cameron, but we had a great day out. I like taking them out. I just wish it wasn't so hot here. I'd take them out even more!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
August 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go out all the time by myself with all the kids.. and have since the twins were itty bitty...

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search