Hospital Bag?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Was there anything different you packed in your hospital bag for twins?I bought two Boppy's but do you really think i should take both to the hospital?I know i defiantly want to take one since i'm having a c-section.Also c-section mama's were you able to wear your own pajamas or were the hospital gowns more comfy?
August 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you get the EZ2Nurse pillow?? If not, GET IT! No way you will use 2 boppys. The nursing pillow is great- even if you will be bottle feeding. I did bring it to the hospital, but I didn't use it. No wait, I think I did use it once. It would be helpful so the LC can help you position them right.

August 17th, 2009, 08:16 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Ditto to getting the EZ 2 nurse pillow - that thing is amazing!!! I brought ours as well as my pump to get my milk in faster. I think I wore the hospital gown for the day of c/s and then wore my own pj (nursing tank & loose capri sweats)the next day. You definitely don't want anything tight and something for easy access to your incision as they check it all the time. Other than that we really didn't bring anything different than with Danika.

August 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just take one Boppy to the hospital. I have two at home, and I used them a lot, but it's a lot to take to the hospital.

August 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I barely used anything in my hospital bag. I wore hospital clothes, because I didn't want to ruin mine, and that worked out fine. The twin nursing pillow (not boppys) might be something good to bring so you can practice tandem nursing, but I only had one twin in the room with me (other in NICU), so it was not necessary.

I do have a pump (didn't bring it), but I ended up using a hospital pump to get my milk going (definitely talk with a lactation consultant if you will be bfing). I was also able to get my insurance to pay for the hospital grade pump rental, so as of yet, I haven't used my own pump.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search