Did you think you would ever have twins/triplets???

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
We always knew twins were a possibility as my dad is a fraternal twin and so was his grandfather but I seriously never thought it would actually happen to me. I had absolutely no idea prior to having my u/s - what a shock!!!

August 25th, 2009, 03:19 PM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NO! As a kid all I said was "I want twins... " But then I had one and changed my mind because I knew how hard it was. No way did I ever think I would have twins though. I was in COMPLETE shock. In fact, I think I still am.

August 25th, 2009, 04:03 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
No,as a matter of fact i'm still in shock!LOL
August 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Aly Welch's Avatar Aly
Yeah, still hasn't truly sunken in for me yet either but I was amazed to have even one life in there, let alone two. No health issues or anything, I just thought kids were something that happened to other people and never expected to be so lucky myself...so having two is just out of this world for me.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also wanted multiples.

Then when were were TTC we thought we would get triplets. So we were mentally prepared for these two.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 25th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a sneaky suspicion that it would happen to me. When we decided to put back 3 embies, there was a 1% chance of all 3 sticking. Joke is on me. I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the light of my life.

August 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I had no idea I would be having twins when we were looking in to IVF. The second IVF I had enough embies to transfer more than one, but we still thought only one would survive. We thought we'd lose one of the embies since I just had m/c after m/c. But, at the same time, something told me that this time was going to stick. My hubby was pretty certain we'd lose one though. My whole family thought I'd lose one. Once these two embies found a home, I just had a feeling they would "stick" around. I was right and now I got me two beautiful boys!!

Considering another point of view on this question, I never pictured myself with twins. I would never have thought it could happen to me in a million years! One of my neighbors who was aware of my m/c's told me I was going to have twins (good guess, she's no psychic). I completely ignored that idea. I just didn't think I'd even want twins. I was certainly not aiming to have them. But, here I am now with twins and I'd never change a single thing. I feel so lucky to have them!!!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Last edited by TheyGrowLikeWeeds; August 25th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
August 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I knew it was possible because we had IVf and we transfered two embies. I honestly didn't think either of them would stick as we had been trying for years with a loss, but am so over the moon for them I would never in a million years change it

August 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still live in shock about it. I think not finding out until 20 weeks added to the NO WAY feeling! I should have known it was a possibility as frat twins run in my family but it skipped my moms generation so I didn't even think about it. Plus it took us 10 months to conceive so I thought I wasn't even fertile for awhile! lol. I still have moments when I stop what I'm doing and go "whoa, I am a mom to twins." So weird! Also these are the first girls on my side. My sister has three boys, so I was thinking boy from the start. To go in and find not one, but TWO girls was so shocking I'm still not over it actually! LOL

August 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
No..not ever. They don't run in my family, so it was definitely one of those, "wait, WHAT?" moments.

August 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For some reason I always felt like I'd have identical girls. DH and I even had a conversation about it years ago. When we stared MA, we knew it was a possibility. We were still shocked when we saw 2 on the second ultrasound since we were doing MA except for accupuncture at the time.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

August 26th, 2009, 08:37 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There was absolutely no way I thought I would have twins. They do not run in either family, we weren't undergoing IVF, etc. Heck, even my initial beta numbers did not indicate anything other than a singleton (39 11dpo and 94 13dpo). Seeing those two little blobs on the ultrasound was a huge shock.

Still is...I can't believe I am growing 2 little humans..yikes!

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
August 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Nope, never even slightly considered it!

August 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something always told me I'd have twin boys; then we started Clomid and IVF, so I was sort of mentally prepared, then we got these guys----I'm still in shock...

Lucky mother to five!

August 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was very shocking to find out at 20 weeks that there were two. Twins was always something that happened to other people. I have to admit it's pretty cool!
August 27th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I had no idea it would actually ever happen, but when I was really young I had twin boy dolls and they were my FAVORITE! When ever my sister or friends and I played with our dolls I always wanted to play that I had twin boys. Of course back then I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

YAY! Astrid good to see you check in!

August 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hello to all!!!! I am new to JustMommies....My husband and I just found out we are having twins and I am so excited!!! I was in shock at first but now I can't wait. We have a five year old litte boy so adding too our family is exciting!! Of course just like everyone else having twins everything worries me and scares me. I have read things on TTTS, and we found out that the babies are in seperate sacs but share a placenta (through u/s) so that puts me at high risk for TTTS...does anyone know anything about TTTS? I just want to do everything perfect for them...it was a gift from GOD so I know he is watching over them...but any other advice is always nice!!!!!
September 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
We knew there was a chance, but I honestly wasn't expecting it at all, it still seems so surreal. There are twins on both my parents side of the family, on my MIL's side, and we don't know anything about DH's bio-dad, so there could have been some on that side too. My MIL always told my husband that when he knocked me up it would be twins... go figure LMAO I guess I can't blame hubby since I'm the one that dropped two eggs hahahaha I'm still not over the fact that I'm gonna be someone's mom, let alone to two little ones

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
September 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Never. My husband and my mom are both identical twins, but identicals just happen by chance so I knew it didn't increase my odds at all. My great-grandma had triplets. But I still never thought anything about it.

September 5th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Generally Crispy
Heck yeah! Ive had stranger things happen. My life wouldnt be my life without a bit of excitement. I also had a bit of help so I knew it was possible. When I got O cramps I had two cramps, one in the AM and one in the afternoon and I thought "well if we dont get the first egg, maybe we will get the second egg." Nope, we're having a two egg omelet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search