Cervix Starting to Funnel?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I had my growth ultrasound today and everything looks great with the twins.Their fluid levels are good and they are estimated at 3lbs 7oz and 3lbs 6 ozs.So that part is good.

But when i had my cervical length check it showed i was starting to funnel,so they called over to my OB office and i was sent over there to get a FFN test done(to see if labor will start within the next two weeks)and they put me on bedrest until that comes back.She said the outer part of my cervix is still long but since i'm starting to have funneling i'll be seen every week now and monitored more closely.I just want them to stay baking a little while longer.She said their goal is to try and get me to at least 34-36 weeks.I just don't now how i'm gonna do the bedrest thing with a very active two year old,so i'm hoping that is short lived if the test comes back o.k.

Any extra T&P's you have i'll take that the FFN test comes back negative tomorrow and that they stay baking a few more weeks.

Anyone have any experience with this?
August 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had funneling early on with my pg they kept a close eye on it until my cervical lenghth went below 2, then I had a cerclage. I spent most of the rest of my pregnancy eiither at home or in the hospital on bedrest.

I'm crossing all that your FFn comes back neg.

August 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had funneling starting around 24 weeks. I was told to basically sit on the couch and do nothing for the next few weeks as my cervix was starting to shorten as well. I spent most of the rest of my pregnancy really chilling out. My cervix got longer and the funneling stopped. I hope your FFN comes back negative. I had one done 3 times during pregnancy. If it does come back positive, it isn't a guarantee that you will go into labor. A negative is more indicative that you won't go into labor. A positive is only some what reliable, especially with twins. KUP on the results.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

August 27th, 2009, 07:17 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
i had funneling with the twins but my real issue with that was with Danika, I went into labor at 24wks - funneled and dialated but my FFN kept coming back neg for months after that. I spent the rest of my pregnancy in/out (more in that out ) of the hospital

T/Ps that your FFN comes back negative and KUP!!!

August 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had funneling too...but right now I can't for the life of me remember when it started!! I just got done with a long day of work and just got both babies to bed. But I was dilating and effacing at 26 weeks. Never in a million years did I think I would make it to 37+ weeks, but it's amazing what bedrest can do! KUP on the FFN. (I had two negative ones during my preg)

August 28th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Generally Crispy
I had the FFN tests done too. I dont recall how many but there was a few. my cervix wasnt the issue. I would have bleeding and contractions. It was Neg everytime. I hope yours comes back NEG.

Keep off your feet and get lots of rest. make Hubby pamper you!
August 28th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started funneling at 18w 3d. I had an emergency cerclage & then strict bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Hopefully the funneling will stop for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search