Anyone have a 'missed twin'?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I'm trying not to put much thought into this, but suddenly today it's weighing pretty heavy on me lol.

I've had several factors increasing my likliness of twins (family history on my side, my 8th pregnancy, conceived while breastfeeding, etc) but when I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and saw 1 baby I was convinced there was just 1 even though my 5 year old continues to swear there is 2. Now I am not so convinced anymore!

After finding out today that I've gained 15 lbs already in 15 weeks, and several more people asking if I'm having twins, I'm starting to wonder! 15 lbs may not sound like all that much but for me it is. I looked through my past few pregnancy journals, with my 5th pregnancy I gained 23 lbs the entire pg, 6th pregnancy at 15 weeks I had gained 3.5 lbs, and my 7th pregnancy I gained 2 lbs by 17 weeks. I am feeling quite a lot of movement this past week too. Moreso than in my other pregnancies and it seems like the 'taps' i'm getting are too far apart from each other to be coming from the same baby.

So - I'm wondering - I was told that my uterus was the most retroverted my midwife has ever seen. Could having such a tilted uterus have caused them to miss a 2nd baby during the vaginal ultrasound? I won't get another u/s until 22 weeks so that will be in October. If there does seem to be a likliehood that one was missed at 7 weeks i'd really like to try to get a u/s sooner to check for sure. With 6 little ones at home already, every extra day I'd have to prepare for twins would be a huge help lol.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I found out i was having twins at 6 weeks,although i guess it's possible.What has your midwife said?Have you discussed the possibility of twins with her?Maybe she can move your ultrasound up?KUP!
September 1st, 2009, 05:11 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
It definitely is possible.....when I was almost 8 weeks, the day I found out in fact, one twin was behind the other, honestly the only reason I think I found out then was because the tech had a hard time capturing the HR (because of the twin ), and when she moved the wand around she saw the second baby.

September 1st, 2009, 05:17 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a very tilted uterus. I don't think that had anything to do with it, but we only saw one on my first u/s at 6 weeks. We saw the second baby on the second u/s at 8 weeks.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

September 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM
PaytsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is definitely possible. Only one baby was seen during my 7 week ultrasound. I did not find out I was having twins until 18 weeks. It was my second pregnancy, so I thought that I was bigger due to it being my second.....well, it was because there were two little guys in there!

Good luck with your pregnancy!!! I hope we see you back here with news of twins soon!!!

September 2nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Thanks ladies I was able to get an ultrasound yesterday and there was no baby hiding I found out I'm having one healthy baby boy
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

September 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Congrats on your lil boy!
September 5th, 2009, 04:28 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Congrats!

September 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Congrats!

September 8th, 2009, 07:13 PM