Twin Stroller recommendation

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Hi, I'm a member of the January 2009 PR and a friend of mine is having twins in a few months and is looking for a tandem stroller that will accommodate 2 car seats. Many of the tandems will only accommodate 1. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tandem stroller that will take the 2 car seats? TIA.

September 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Love my Kolcraft Contours Tandem

Owen in the back with car seat adapter

Rhys up front with carseat adapter - you have to buy an extra adapter

September 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto on the Contours! I have it and LOVED it! My Sister has it for her twins and loves it.. and my cousin has it for HER twins and loves it also!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
September 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really liking the Snap & Go, but it's just a frame, so once the little ones aren't in car seats anymore, we'll need a new stroller. It's extremely light, folds small, and is easy to handle.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
September 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Generally Crispy
I have a Graco Euro Star Duo Glider LX. I like it for the exception the front tray and front canopy have to come off in order to put it in the van and in order to use it with two car seats you need the front tray on. Great otherwise, but ask me again after the first time we use it without car seats.
September 2nd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Tundrababy....I have been looking at this stroller. I have heard that it is hard to fold down to put in your vehicle. I was told you have to take each piece apart before it will fold down. Not the car seats but the other seats that is in your first picture. I really liked this stroller because the seats moved in different positions but I want something easy to fold? Is this true?

Last edited by momsboybailey; September 2nd, 2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
September 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsboybailey View Post
Tundrababy....I have been looking at this stroller. I have heard that it is hard to fold down to put in your vehicle. I was told you have to take each piece apart before it will fold down. Not the car seats but the other seats that is in your first picture. I really liked this stroller because the seats moved in different positions but I want something easy to fold? Is this true?

I don't think its hard to fold down, it collapses together by pulling up two level-like things, however it is heavy but you get used to it - the seats can be left on to fold down but this makes it really bulky but we have a SUV so if I am lazy and nothings in the trunk I will leave them on. The seats, seriously only take a minute to take off/on once you get used to them. I use the Kolcraft for zoo trips ( it has a HUGE basket underneath which is wonderful) or walks around the neighborhood when I want the boys to sleep. I would suggest getting an umbrella type stroller for quickie trips, we got the peg perego aria for dr appts, taking Danika in/out of preschool. If you don't mind used, I think getting it off craigslist is a great idea - a lot of singleton parents found it not worth the effort and are selling half the cost of a new one in like new condition. wooo....that turned out long!!

September 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrababy View Post
Love my Kolcraft Contours Tandem

Owen in the back with car seat adapter

Rhys up front with carseat adapter - you have to buy an extra adapter

ditto! absolutely love it! i also have two different brands of car seats and they both work fine with the universal adapters.

September 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered for the Sit n Stand Double, it fits both carseats, and it folds with one hand and its lighter than the other strollers. Now I havent given birth yet so I am not sure how it will work in the real world LOL, but just another one you can look into. I also read good reviews on it.

I was in btwn the contours or that one, but the 20lbs weight difference made me go for the Sit n Stand Double

September 2nd, 2009, 08:18 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Were getting the contour also!
September 3rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
We got the Graco Quattro Duo as a gift from a coworker, it's a bit heavy, but it does hold two car seats and folds down easily(thus far in my two trials with it ).The only down side is you might have to buy an extra sunshade for the front carseat when you stop using the carseats. It has one, but it's not as large as the rear one, and for me, I'd like the front to have a bit more shade than that. I'm not sure if an extra one comes with it seeing as this was a gift.

September 4th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Thank-you Tundrababy....I am not due until Feb. however I wanted to go ahead and prepare a few things. I really liked this stroller but when the sales clerk told me it was hard to fold down it turned me away, however I can't find one I like as much. We was told there was a 90% chance of girls, so I guess red/black will work ok for girls. One last thing do you recommend any car seats that work with the stroller?

Last edited by momsboybailey; September 4th, 2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
September 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are getting the Contours stroller also and are using the Chicco carseats. It is pretty easy to fold, but a bit heavy.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
September 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Generally Crispy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea0708 View Post
We got the Graco Quattro Duo as a gift from a coworker, it's a bit heavy, but it does hold two car seats and folds down easily(thus far in my two trials with it ).The only down side is you might have to buy an extra sunshade for the front carseat when you stop using the carseats. It has one, but it's not as large as the rear one, and for me, I'd like the front to have a bit more shade than that. I'm not sure if an extra one comes with it seeing as this was a gift.
That one should have had two with it. You might have to contact Graco to order one for it.
September 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Over the past 4 years I have had 3 different Graco DuoGliders, a Kolcraft side-by-side, an Eddie Bauer Tandem and now a Brio side-by-side tandem. When the boys were infants I definitely used the heck out of the DuoGlider because the car seats fit. If I had to do it over I would probably get the double snap n' go as it folds up smaller and weighs less than the DuoGlider.

September 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nessy*~ View Post
That one should have had two with it. You might have to contact Graco to order one for it.
It does have two, just the front one doesn't come out as far as I personally would like. But my coworker gave me a sunshade "extender" thingamajig, but I don't know if it came with the stroller or not

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search