Peri appt update...today

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
xpost

So I had my Peri appt today and I guess I got good and bad news. The good news the babies look good as per the doctor. The bad news and just wondering if you ladies know anything if I should worry, I had to do a cervical lenght check and 2 weeks ago, my cervix length was at 5.65cm and today it was at 3.53cm. Now I think that was a pretty big jump in just 2 weeks! My doctor seemed concerned but not too concerend at the same time. But he did tell me that he wants to see me now instead of every 2 weeks every week now. So I dont know if he is just being overly cautious or just thinks it might lead to a problem.

Also I had my first contractions! which im not too happy about. He confirmed to me that it was a contraction, so another thing to worry about now.

Anyways if any of you know about cervical length please let me know.
Thanks!

September 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Well, it's good the doctor is wwatching your length closely. At this stage, you don't want to be contracting either. I'd probably say just to be safe without much worry is to take it easy. Whenever you get the chance, lay down and relax. The less stress your body is in, the less chance that things will go wrong. If your cervix is starting to shorten, then you'd be on bedrest anyways. If your body is starting to contract, bedrest is what you'd be requested to do.

I'm not suggesting you go on bedrest, but do rest whenever you can to help your body possibly correct any possible things that can go wrong. But definitely see your doctor and hope your cervix does not shorten. You did shorten, but not to the point where a doctor would be alarmed...just concerned. I'd be more concerned about the contractions right now. You only had one so that might be the only one or could it have been a braxton hicks type thing? those are types of contractions but not ones that cause labor.

Still, take it easy and try not to worry. Let the doctor see your progression and the doctor will tell you what you need. If you are feeling more contractions especially ones that happen one after the other and are stronger than your period type cramps, then do make sure you let the doctor know immediately.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is good that your Dr is keeping an eye on it! Take it as easy as you can, maybe your u/s didn't get the best measurement it could.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
September 5th, 2009, 12:05 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I don't know if its sleep exhaustion or what but I cant remember for the life of me what all my cervical lengths were...so I can't help you with that. But its good that your Doc is keeping a close eye on you. Have they put you on pelvic rest as well - when I went into PTL with Danika, my OB told us down there was a 'no go zone', it also applied to boobs as well since nipple stimulation can lead to labor (sorry TMI!!) Did they start you on meds for the contractions? I started Terb at 24wks then went to Procardia a little bit later.
Hope everything stays as it should!! You got to keep those babies baking until you're huge and miserable

September 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
PLEASE get LOTS of rest and take care of yourself. I am glad your DR is on top of things.

September 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto what everyone else said! I don't know about lengths as my OB didn't check them. But since you are only 18 weeks, I would be concerned. Get lots of rest and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. It really will tell you when to slow down. And it's better to be cautious than not. It's good you will be seen weekly now. Drink lots of water and take it easy!

September 7th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cervical lengths can go up and down. You can go in next week and have it be longer..it's like a weird mystery how that thing does that. But I think it is good that your doc is keeping an eye on it. Don't stress about it but go in weekly like your doc suggested and rest up when you can.

Rest up as much as you can and keep an eye on the contractions so you can let your doc know how often you have them.

Take care!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

September 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I started having the same problems two weeks ago and i also have to go every week now.I can't remember what she said my cervical length was,but the funneling on the inside they are more concerned about then the actual cervix length for me because my length was still long.But they put me on modified bedrest because of the funneling.

I would try and rest as much as possible to keep the babies from pushing on your cervix.It's great that your docs caught this so early as mine just started to check cervix stuff last month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search