Stress Tests?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Did you have these?When did you start having to go?

They told me today that since mine are sharing a placenta that starting at 32 weeks i'll be going twice a week for them.The bad part is i have to drive all the way down to the hospital since my OB doesn't have a twin monitor in the office.I know it's best for the babies,but talk about a crap load of appointments each week until i deliver!
September 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I started having NST's @ 32wks and ours were done at the hospital on L/D as well. Just make sure you take something to do - I brought books and movies - the NSTs were only suppose to take 20mins and it always seemed like I was there for at least 2hrs.

I remember 32wks starting getting really busy (minus my several hospital admissions) - NSTs every other week, BPP/EFW every other week and appts every week - it was like a fulltime job. BUT that means 6wks and counting!!!

September 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine started around 32 weeks also.. I believe I had them twice a week.. and they took FOREVER.. because little Miss Emerson would not stay on the moniter.. Definitely take something to keep you busy...

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
September 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Generally Crispy
I started around that time....I think. And yes, take something to occupy your time. Mine were never cooperative. One would not want to play and once they got that baby back on the monitors the other one would take off.
September 10th, 2009, 06:41 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Gosh, why did I think I was doing them sooner than 32 weeks? Either way, I just asked you about these in your other post, lol. And yes, with those and my weekly appts, it did seem like a whole heck of a lot of appointments!

September 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
PaytsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nessy*~ View Post
I started around that time....I think. And yes, take something to occupy your time. Mine were never cooperative. One would not want to play and once they got that baby back on the monitors the other one would take off.

Mine would never cooperate either. Aaron would never stay on the monitor. Since I had pregnancy induced hypertension, I started around 26 weeks, three times a week. Luckily, the hospital was only 7 miles from home.

September 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Veteran
I never had NST's. What are they?

]
September 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetjie6 View Post
I never had NST's. What are they?

NST are non-stress tests. Basically they hook you up to three monitors - one each for baby's heart rate and one for contractions. They look for variables in the baby's heartrate - watching it go up and return to baseline in a 20min period. The assumption is that babies with poor or no variables are in distress. At least that is what I was told.......

September 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I go in on Monday.I hope DH can go because i have to take my 2 year old.
September 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I started at around 34 weeks. They were supposed to start at 32 weeks, but my doctors forgot to tell me. No biggy, I was there 3 - 4 times before my scheduled c-section. I found them interesting. My boys were definitely keeping the technician busy though!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
My first one went pretty quick,DH would tell me when one of them kicked the monitors off because i couldn't see the screen and i would mess with it until it showed up again.We were in and out within 25 minutes.Even the tech said she was surprised they did so well considering how far along i was.

Now let's hope they ALL are like that!Yeah right!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search