O.k Girls...Is this pretty much the norm?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
This last week i have REALLY noticed a HUGE change in my body.I'am SO uncomfortable by the end of that day.My back is killing me to the point of tears and nothing helps!!I still put a gate up in our living room because it's getting really hard to chase my two year old everywhere.He is non stop from morning till night!!Yesterday i had to pull toy trucks out of the toilet. So i put the gate up and i can barely lift my leg up over it without screaming in pain.

I usually go pick my son up from work twice a week,but i'm having a hard time driving because it's hard to move my right leg over to use both pedals without squishing my belly! I cannot sleep at all!I even use two body pillows but still can't get comfortable without having pain and wake up having to pee every hour,so i'm trying to shift out of bed while in pain so i don't pee my pants! Every little thing makes me get a contraction,even when they move around in their to much i'll get one and those suckers hurt!Oh and the pelvic pain!

I thought i had a high pain tolerance..but i feel like wimp this time around!

Is this pretty much what you BTDT moms went through while carrying multiples?
September 13th, 2009, 12:06 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Sorry Mandy!! It does get really rough near the end. I used to use at least five pillows to sleep with and DH had to help me 'fall' into them just right - I still wasn't sleeping at all until I busted out in tears during an OB visit - my OB wrote me a script for Ambien which was a huge liversaver for my sanity. The back pain can be horrible - I developed really bad sciatica on my right side and ended up seeing a chiropractor. Danika was already 3 when I was that far along and fortunately for me, she is easily entertained and watched far more tv than I care to admit. Do you have anyone that can watch your son, my neighbor took Danika once or so week and it was only for a couple of hrs but made a world of difference.
But do try and take it easy - sometimes this is the body's way of telling you to slow down and relax - I know you are miserable but those girls still need a couple more weeks of baking. Hang in there Mama!!!!

September 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Jip, unfortunately that sounds about right. From about 28 weeks, I couldn't sleep lying down at all. I almost forgot how difficult it was to drive. Hang in there!

]
September 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I started those issues sooner, so count your blessings, lol. Keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel!

September 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Generally Crispy
OMG! Get a walk thru gate!!! I had a hop over gate and threw it in the trash when I was about 28 weeks along because I almost tripped over it. Craigslist has them for really cheap. I got mine for $20 and would never go back.

I felt the same way too and I dont have a 2 year old. I would go to work and sit on my butt all day and feel like I had been running laps. Must have been all the bathroom breaks.
September 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep! And it just gets worse!

I was up every hour to pee, literally, and I had to move in the nursery to the bed because it was lower (I couldn't get up on our high bed) and it was a firmer mattress, and I could just roll off. Not to mention I slept w/ SO many pillows just to try to get comfy that my hubby had no room!

Try to take it easy. I know, easier said than done! Can;t imagine having a 2 yr old and being pregnant w/ twins. Hang in there!! Do you have carpal tunnel? I got that around 26ish weeks and it just got worse. Then went away after delivery.

September 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh ya, you get very uncomfortable at the end including peeing every hour it seemed at night. I couldn't sleep the week before I gave birth and my feet were so swollen. I couldn't sit comfortably. Driving sucked because Emma's body was shoved up into my ribs. And just when you think you have had the worst of it, it gets worse. I started to feel pretty uncomfortable around 33 weeks or so. And the couple days before I gave birth I was almost in tears. My body had just had enough and then just when I thought I could not go on for (at the most 2 weeks) my water broke.

September 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Ugh! I remember all that. Yeah, it does not get any easier, that's for sure! I couldn't lay on my side anymore, on my back was a huge nono, so sleep was on hold for a few weeks. I couldn't fit behind the wheel of my car so my hubby had to drive me everywhere. I had to go to physical therapy cause my pelvic bones were twisted thanks to Cameron's new position leaning on one of my bones. That one hurt like crazy! I had to use crutches to get around some times and a cane when I felt a little better. I just relaxed most of the day. My husband works at home so he was able to take care of me. On the days he had a lot to do out of the house, I just relaxed in front of the TV and literally became a couch potato. It wasn't comfortable, but I had to listen to my body and just not push it too far. My dogs were pretty good. I had to walk them since we did not have a fenced in yard. That was really hard towards the end of the pregnancy. Jason pretty much had to take over all tasks and chores around the house until I was able to do them myself. SOme things he still does for me just because.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 14th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Aggh! What an adventure to look forward to!

Well since everyone has agreed that driving will be difficult, I guess that means I shouldn't try to work past December (I have an hour commute )

I agree with Nessy about the walk thru gate, my son is only 14 months and has recently discovered that it is much more amusing to run through the house leaving a path of destruction than playing in his playroom. And I'm clumsy enough without gates, so there ya go. Please keep us posted on how it is having a 2 year old and twins, I'm so terrified since Xavier will only be 18 months when they come.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search