23 week appt.-gaining too much weight :p

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we had our 23 week appointment today. I gained 12 lbs in 3 weeks! First the nurse said to me after she weighed me that I shouldn't keep this trend up and shouldn't gain so much so quickly.

Then I got the talk from the doctor as she was searching for heartbeats with the doppler. Basically she told me I need to slow down with weight gain and said I shouldn't eat everytime I am hungry. As I was getting the talk one baby kicked the doppler as if she was telling the dumb doctor to shut up. It was so funny!

If I am hungry I am going to eat. I do not eat excessively or eat a lot of junk, so I don't see an issue with my weight gain. It is all in my belly, not everywhere. I rather have big 7+ pound babies, then little ones.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
September 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy

Seriously if any of these people were actually preggo with twins maybe they would understand. Recommendation is to gain 20lbs in the first 20wks and besides its hard to gain weight near the end so keep doing what you're doing sista and have some big healthy babies!!!!

September 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you are fine. How much TOTAL weight have you gained? They do recommend 24 lbs by 24 weeks (or something like that, maybe 25 by 25?) Also, I didn't gain steadily. Some weeks I gained less, other weeks I gained a bunch. Eat lots of protein, try to eat healthy. Don't restrict your eating! Your body will tell you what it needs. Listen to it. And don't listen to the nurses so much- they might not even be experienced w/ multiple pregnancies.

September 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didn't gain steadily either. i barely gained in the first trimester and then packed on 10 lbs in 2 weeks. everyone gains differently. you should just watch what you gain overall, not in one small time period. i ate every time i was hungry, but tried to eat mainly healthy foods. i didn't want any junk food in that 2 week period when i gained the 10 lbs. u was gaining about 2 lbs per week in the last few weeks, so was making up for the lack of gain earlier.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

September 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't really gain in the first trimester, then gained a lot in the last 3 weeks. So far I have gained almost 30lbs! ekk!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
September 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gained almost 30lbs myself. I dont feel so bad about it except I feel very heavy at the moment. But as long as I dont gain 30 more pounds in the next few months I am sure I will be fine.

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
September 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Stephanie, are these your first? I gained a LOT with my first and REALLLLLY regretted it after I had her. Granted, she was just a singleton. Anyway, make sure you're eating healthy, lots of protein. Eating lots of cake isn't going to make your babies bigger.

September 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I think they are crazy!

My weight fluctuates this pregnancy....sometimes i'll gain 5-6 pounds,other times i'll loose weight.As long as the babies are growing like they should be i wouldn't worry to much.
September 20th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained a lot during my pregnancy like 60lbs, and lost 45 of it within the first three months after the girls were here. I am 15lbs heavier now then I was before being pregnant. Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary to me! I'm sure most people would like to be the same size or smaller though! LOL. I do too, but have no plans of worrying about it until the girls are a year old! lol. I'm tired!

September 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM
Generally Crispy
I went almost 36 weeks and looked like I swallowed a fleet of Mac Trucks. I only put on about 35 pounds. I ate everything I could get my hands on and didnt really put on much at all after about 28-30 weeks because nothing would fit in my smashed up stomach. Ive read put it on early becuase its hard to do in the later part.
September 21st, 2009, 06:27 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So funny, because I was almost the opposite. I put on 50 lbs, with about 20 lbs of it in the last trimester! I did get full faster, but I was still gaining.

September 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Veteran
I know you are supposed to gain more/eat more w/ a multiple pregnancy. I, too, was told that I was gaining too fast, then ended up having the babies come 7 weeks early! At that point I was very glad that I had gained early on. I didn't eat junk, though. Lots of protein!
September 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG im like totally freaking out!! I went for my 21 week appt checkup last wed. and I have only gained 3 lbs!!!!!!! I keep asking my doctors if that is normal? and they all tell me im fine (the OB's and Peri) They said the babies are on target and that as long as they are growing they wouldnt worry.

I hear about all the weight gain how it is important. I have another full anatomy scan on friday, I hope the babies are measuring right on. I have been eating normalish. But still a lot less than I ate before I got preggo.

September 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Generally Crispy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KaylaPlusTwins View Post
Stephanie, are these your first? I gained a LOT with my first and REALLLLLY regretted it after I had her. Granted, she was just a singleton. Anyway, make sure you're eating healthy, lots of protein. Eating lots of cake isn't going to make your babies bigger.

Im sorry I just had to comment on the pic in your post. Did you notice the reflection in his glasses doesnt match the background. The reflection is inside and I think I see Kate in the reflection (and some of the kids). LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy133 View Post
OMG im like totally freaking out!! I went for my 21 week appt checkup last wed. and I have only gained 3 lbs!!!!!!! I keep asking my doctors if that is normal? and they all tell me im fine (the OB's and Peri) They said the babies are on target and that as long as they are growing they wouldnt worry.

I hear about all the weight gain how it is important. I have another full anatomy scan on friday, I hope the babies are measuring right on. I have been eating normalish. But still a lot less than I ate before I got preggo.

I drank Ice Cream/Protien Shakes. It helped me get the protien I needed and the ice cream helped me get the taste I wanted.
September 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Nessy, it looks to me like he's outside..maybe at a pool at the MGM Grand in Vegas, it looks like the reflection is of a lounge chair?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search