Ill see what you ladies think. twins???

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Regular
I figured you guys have probably seen many ultrasounds with multiples. I just had my ultrasound done this week. Im 5 6weeks and some days. My husband took the pictures took one look and said there is two sacs in there....I looked and OMG there is something that looks like it too. I dont know if the ultrasound tec would have said something or not. But I also think its pretty far from the other sac so im not sure if its even possible. Tell me what you think Thanks

Its the second round circle at the top right.
September 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I see what you're taking about - do you think it could be an ovary? I don't know if techs are allowed to tell you anything or not but I would think they might mention twins or two sacs if they saw that. I probably would call my OB as soon as I could - it would bug the heck out of me not knowing

Good luck and KUP!!

September 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call and see what the OB thinks. It could be an ovary- but I'm not positive. They can be far apart- mine were. In fact, at my 6 week they thought there was 1 and I made them look around some more.

September 18th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Sorry I have no advice. I see what you mean, but my babies were hiding one behind the other. The tech only discovered the second one because she had trouble getting a heart rate at 7 weeks. I would talk to your OB, maybe you can get a second u/s when you are a bit further along, like 7 or 8 weeks.

September 19th, 2009, 08:00 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I also can see it but I don't read ultrasounds, LOL. Please keep us posted!

ETA: isn't that dark black the uterus itself? Seems like that other round thing is outside of the uterus? I dunno, lol

September 19th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Aly Welch's Avatar Aly
My gut instinct says it's an ovary, and like someone else pointed out, it looks like it's outside the uterus. You can also see the side of a black circle on the left side just outside and above the uterus that is probably the other ovary.

And techs generally will say something. Ours broke the news to us, although it was pretty obvious after the initial shock.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
When i first looked at the pic it looked like a uterus with two ovaries??

Have you asked your OB?
September 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Regular
Well the one in the center is def. a baby. It had a heart beat. And I havent asked but I will on my next appt. in a couple weeks. Im just going with the suggestion of the ovary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search