side-by-side stroller recommendations?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hi Ladies, I'm trying to decide what kind of double stroller to get. I know I want a side by side but other than that I'm not sure what I need (umbrella vs jogging, for example). My girls are 13 months and I have a smallish car with a hatchback. We have a Kolcraft Contours tandem stroller, but it's too big for my car. So my requirements are the following:

fit through doorways
adjustable canopy or good shade protection (very sunny here)
folds small enough to fit in a hatchback

I used to have a Baby Trend double snap-n-go and a Double Decker stroller (which is like a snap-n-go), but the girls have outgrown both now that they have moved to bigger car seats. Any suggestions are very much appreciated! Right now I can't even drive the girls anywhere because I have no car stroller!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

September 21st, 2009, 12:14 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love love love my baby jogger city mini (not really a jogger but considered an off roader)

September 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not the sturdiest of options, but it does fit all of your requirements -- get two of the cheapie umbrella strollers and some of those stroller connectors. This is what I'm planning to use in my car, because I want something lightweight and compact for being out and about. The larger/sturdy jogger will stay home.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
September 24th, 2009, 12:48 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I have a peg perego aria - it folds up flat, its fairly light and can fit through most doorways (there's a technique you learn after several times) . The shades aren't the best but they are there and do help some. I like that the seats recline fully independent of each other. Its not the sturdiest thing. We also looked at the combi but ended up the aria because my neighbour sold it to us for really cheap.

September 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Jetta- which has a pretty big trunk, but it's not huge. Anyway, I have the Maclaren Twin Techno. Definitely fits and is pretty light! Cons are that my girls have started to fight w/ each other while in it. I also have the Baby Trend Expedition double jogging stroller- swivel wheel. And that fits in my trunk too!!! Not much room to spare though. The maclaren is very easy to maneuver and fits through doors.

Oh I forgot- the sunshade on the twin techno is great! There is a tinted part that goes further down than the actual shade so it does cover pretty well.

September 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a Combi Twin and I love it. It folds pretty compactly and fits through standard door ways. It's also pretty light weight. The only con is that the canopies don't shade the babies as much as I'd like them too. We're looking into getting a shade extender thingy for the stroller.

September 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
We have a Combi Twin too and I have all great things to say about it except that the shades weren't that great. I ordered those Kiddopotamus shade extenders for $14 and now the stroller is 100% PERFECT!

September 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Combi twin, LOVE it. Folds into 3's so its VERY compact.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search