Placenta Previa?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
I was told today I have placenta previa, I wasn't given very many details since I just spoke with the nurse at the OB clinic over the phone. She said not to lift anything heavy, not to do any housework, and no sex.

Has anyone here had the same problem during their pregnancy with twins (or more) and still had a successful pregnancy?

I'm just so scared that I won't make it full term or that something will go wrong and I'm worrying about my babies.

I'm seeing my OB on Oct 1st so I won't have any more details until then, just that if I experience any bleeding to call them right away.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
September 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm. I didn't have this. I hope someone on this board can help you!! Keep us posted!

September 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Placenta Previa is where the placent is covering the cervix.. it's actually quite more commen then you think. It shouldn't really effect the pregnancy much. But Placent Previa is one of of the main reason's for vaginal bleeding.. so you do need to be alittle more cautious when it comes to lifting and such. You can still have a very successful multiple pg!

If the placenta is covering your cervix then you will have to have a c/s.. but it placenta has been known to move alittle.

Here's a website for you to look at
Placenta previa | BabyCenter

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
September 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I've never had it so i'm not very familiar with it,but i have known quite a few people who have had it and went on to have normal pregnancies!Good Luck and KUP!
September 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks ladies. I'll look up that link Jara, thanks
I'm a little bummed about the c section though, I had finally gotten it my head that I could handle a natural delivery, but chances are slim. oh well.

September 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is possible for the placenta to move up and away from the cervix.. so a natural delivery MIGHT still be possible..

Make sure to ask your Dr.. how much of your cervix was covered..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
September 24th, 2009, 12:41 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I found out I had a complete previa at 20wks - Owen's placenta was solidly over my cervix but thank God I never had any bleeding and at 37wks it had 'corrected' itself I would have been a candidate for a vag delivery. So it depends how much of the placenta is covering - the good thing with multiple pregnancies is the uterus grows so much there is a good chance that it will 'move' before your term. I know it sounds all scary but as long as there is no bleeding and you take care of yourself you and your babies should be okay.
My only was restriction was sex - my OB termed it the 'no go zone' this also means you get out of cervical checks during appts. As for lifting I didn't have any restrictions I worked up until 32wks as a nurse. Good Luck !!!

eta: I am not sure what planet I'm on but I only made it to 37wks not 38wks. I need some sleep *sigh*

Last edited by tundrababy; September 25th, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
September 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM
That's a bit reassuring Jen, thanks

Hopefully no more complications from here on in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search