housework

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2009, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i just can't keep up with it. i can't stand the house being messy but it is driving me insane. everywhere i turn there is something that needs to be done. no, wait, there are a dozen things that need to be done in each room. and having a very active 2 year old that gets into everything and that gave up his afternoon nap and a 3 month old that still wakes every 3 hours or so at night (meaning i barely get any sleep) and who is fussy/colicky/has reflux doesn't help things either.
ugh. that is my vent for the day.

September 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you-we're barely surviving over here...
September 23rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i hear you too. i feel like i'm the biggest couch potatoe because i'm feeding all the time, my girls do not sleep much and scream bloody murder when they are not held. it's a good day when i get the bare minimum done.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

September 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You guys I totally understand! I can honestly say I can't imagine having another child with young baby twins. My ONLY lifeline is that the girls will finally nap at the same time (started around 5 months). This means I get two (sometimes three) hour to two hour stretches without kids. I take the morning nap to myself and drink some coffee, get on the computer etc. The second (and possibly third) nap I do housework, pay bills, etc. I also have a ton of help from my DH when he gets home which is nice. Plus the girls go to bed at 8pm now, so I have a few hours in the evening too. All this being said, my home is NOTHING like it was before they were here. We are behind on laundry constantly and I pay my bills consistently a day or too late because I forget to do it! My mind is so occupied with keeping up with the girls everything else falls behind! And the first 5 months....FORGET IT!!! MY poor DH did everything! In my defense I could barely keep my eyes open I was so tired! LOL. It is SOOO hard to get everything done! I can't imagine having more young children to care for at the same time. My hat goes off to you ladies!!

September 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
Jaime!

I feel the same way,I can only imagine when the girls are here how much worse it will be!
September 24th, 2009, 05:36 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand! but, when your twins are infants, you just need to forget the housework and focus on their feedings and getting sleep. Let your DH do the housework. He needs to. Taking care of twinfants is REALLY TOUGH. You need all the sleep you can get.

It gets a little better when they get older, but I still have a hard time. I am exhausted by the time they are napping or in bed. Both DH and I work full time, so we do the best we can. Right now, my house is pretty much a wreck. Ok, maybe not a wreck, but it is pretty bad. Just do the best you can do, If you can afford to hire a housecleaner, DO IT! I would if we could afford it.

September 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I finally broke down and hired a cleaning lady. And then my mom offered to do it for me.

Its enough stress having the kids, worrying about a dirty house is unnecessary. If you can afford it, I say go for it.

September 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Ditto to PPs, if you can afford a housekeeper get one. If not don't worry about it, I did the minimum when the boys were first here probably until they were 3mos or so at least when naps were predictable in time and length. I love my house to look perfect (even though its far from it right now ) it was really hard for me to let go. But in the end do you want to remember your babies first couple of months or the housework you did during your babies first couple of months.

Last edited by tundrababy; September 26th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search