Wow just read a comment that made me laugh

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2004, 07:05 AM
ranidae
In one of the debate threads someone made a comment that one or two is their limit for children. The thing that made me laugh histrerically is I used to insist we stop at 2 because I didnt want the financial burden of a huge family. Well here I am with three kids and contemplating another one sometime in the future ( a LONG time in the future but maybe one more.) I have already been jinxed by three ppl that if I get pregnant again I will end up with triplets, since with pregnancy #1 I had one, then with pregnancy #2 I had two so with pregnancy #3 it just makes sense to end up with three LOL. The scary thing is that would be fine now, since we have a 8 seater van sure give me three more kids, I did two at once what would one more be?? :bricks:

Anyway I just had to make a comment about that statement, and really dont want to offend anyone just thought it was worth a chuckle or two.
August 31st, 2004, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I'm chuckling with you. When DH and I discussed having children I was pretty convinced I'd have a lot of problems getting pregnant, and we weren't all that sure that we wanted any anyway. I was 34 and DH was 37, I had accepted a long time ago there probably wouldn't be any at all and he wasn't all that concerned about not having any. We decided to leave it up to the powers that be, we weren't going to do IVF or get obsessed, we just weren't going to do anything to prevent it. And we would probably stop at 1. And then it was twins!!!!!! And I was sure that was it, but after a scare were we thought we were but weren't, we both thought one more would be nice. but then I miscarried so that has put a damper on it. We are still talking about that third. Money is an issue, I can't imagine working with two or three small children running around, so we shall see. But twins were a ton of work and I'd be happy if it was one, but I'd have to say I think I'd be secretly thrilled if it was twins again. Though it was a rough pregnancy. Not triplets for me, I already know I couldn't carry them. These were born at thirty weeks, I'm afraid of what would of happened with triplets. I laughed out loud about the van, if I had that van I wouldn't even hesitate. We bought one of those new Honda Elements, and its a four seater. We will lose money if we trade it in now, and we can't aford a higher car payment, this one is almost $400 as it is. So thats an issue. Funny how it comes down to transportation!!
August 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
ranidae
We "made" our 8 seater LOL, because I was going to be babysitting my SIL's kids we needed a vehicle that would hold that many, so we got a buddy who is a welder to help us put a third row seat in our van (it originally was a cargo/work can with only 5 seats) Now we have two third row seats in the van, with the twins being in the second row and Krystle sitting next to them most of the time.
The back seat is now mainly in the way instead of a plus since I am not going to be babysitting anymore, the only real bad thing is it is hard to get into the back seat as a full size adult.

I really cant wait till we can afford a newer van I hate not having sliding doors on both sides, we have to put Skyla into her seat thru the front LOL we look very funny putting them both in there, and it is a royal pain when I am the only one with all the kids I have to put Skyla on the passenger front seat while strapping Elaina in then climb in and strap Skyla in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search