diaper question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
mommabirdof4
Howdy!

I am not sure if we will be using cloth or not with the new babies...kind of up in the air about that. Right now I have my 2 kiddos in sposies just because I feel like crap most of the time and it is a lot easier for me and DH.

My question is should I bother to buy any premmie size sposie diapers to have on hand or not? I already am buying about one package a month (payday is once a month). ...but have only bought newborn...and will buy a few packages of size 1 and 2 also.
December 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would. The girls were born at 36 weeks and wore preemies for about a month. You can also get some at the hospital. We would ask every shifft for diapers and formula. That was at Mercy. The formula was handy because they would give you the little ready made bottles. I noticed when we bought the preemie diapers walmart had the cheapest price. I would also get a couple preemie sleepers. Walmart had the biggest selection of preemie clothes too. If you end up having girls I might have some preemie clothes. Not sure. I know I have one pair of pink preemie pants. Oh and the stroller is officially for sale I'm going to miss it.

December 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine were in premeies for a bit but not too long. I think we had like 5 packs or something and then went to N size. I would get a pack or so but save the receipt and take them back if you don't need them

December 17th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+twins View Post
Mine were in premeies for a bit but not too long. I think we had like 5 packs or something and then went to N size. I would get a pack or so but save the receipt and take them back if you don't need them
I was going to say save the receipt too. I know if you get them from walmart and and don't have the receipt you can exchange them for a bigger without it.

December 17th, 2010, 08:58 AM
mommabirdof4
Ya I know about the hospital trick...LOL...take everything that isn't nailed down. Hopefully won't need the formula since I plan on Breastfeeding.

I think I will buy a few packages...I can always exchange them for a bigger size.
December 17th, 2010, 09:37 AM
mudd1118's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys are two weeks old and we're using preemie and newborn size diapers. I'm actually planning on CD'ing, but we're going through the disposables first, as they were given to us as gifts.

To give you an idea on sizing, the boys are now up to 7 lbs 6 oz and 6 lb 10 oz and I still find that the Pampers Preemies fit better than our Huggies Newborns...

December 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabirdof2.5 View Post
Ya I know about the hospital trick...LOL...take everything that isn't nailed down. Hopefully won't need the formula since I plan on Breastfeeding.

I think I will buy a few packages...I can always exchange them for a bigger size.

We talked to the nurses and they gave us like 80 + four packs of those 2 ounce bottles because I had to supplement. So ask if they can help. With multiples they probably will give you more than they usually do

December 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I hope you have to use it either! Hopefully bfing will work out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+twins View Post
We talked to the nurses and they gave us like 80 + four packs of those 2 ounce bottles because I had to supplement. So ask if they can help. With multiples they probably will give you more than they usually do
thats awesome I am jelous! lol

December 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nurses gave us a ton of free stuff as well. It was awesome. Between the mail, my OB, the pedi and the hospital, we had at least 10 probably closer to 15 cans of formula. Plus, we had the pre made formula. We used very very little of it and donated the rest ot a women's shelter. We were also given a bunch of diapers. My little pip squeeks wore mainly NB sized. We only had one package of preemie and they were only 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 12oz. They grew slow, but were long and the preemies quickly got too short.

What cloth are you planning on using? I love cloth diapers, even if I don't always like washing. It's so nice to not buy diapers all the time.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
mommabirdof4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd1118 View Post
My boys are two weeks old and we're using preemie and newborn size diapers. I'm actually planning on CD'ing, but we're going through the disposables first, as they were given to us as gifts.

To give you an idea on sizing, the boys are now up to 7 lbs 6 oz and 6 lb 10 oz and I still find that the Pampers Preemies fit better than our Huggies Newborns...
Oh that is super helpful!!! My singletons were both 6 lbs 8 oz at birth and one dropped down to 6 lbs and the other just to 6 lbs 4 ounces and I always just used the newborn diapers. But I can think back now and the newborn swaddlers were kind of big at first...but I never thought to get preemie diapers since they were both full-term.

I am buying the newborn huggies pure and naturals....they have a coupon on the box right now and I can find them on sale sometimes.

I have almost 2 dozen little joey's and then a dozen small TKC AIOs...plus a few WAHM newborn/XS diapers.

Then I have a complete stash of diapers for both a boy and a girl once they out grow those. Not sure at this point if we will contiune to cloth diaper...once the twins get here I will have 4 kids in diapers full-time.
December 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
mommabirdof4
Oh and I was thinking....maybe I should buy walmart gift cards also...that way I can buy what I need at the time....also I could send anyone to the store if need be and not have to worry about cash which I never seem to have on hand since we just use our cards.
December 18th, 2010, 08:07 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I can't even remember what the boys wore!! lol, but I think they did preemies for about 2weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search