Log In Sign Up

Introduction of sorts


Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
December 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10,864
Hello,

I got an invitation to join you lovely ladies. My name is Ashley. I am 25yrs old. I have a DD who just turned 5. I just found out on Tuesday that there are two sacs (they won't say babies until they see the them). They scared me though by saying that there is a chance one might disappear. I am still not quite sure what I think of all this. I was still trying to get over the fact I was pregnant again, and then throwing in the T word just caught me off guard. I am warming up to it, but with that comes the fear of losing one...or both.

I am still so shocked that there are two. I thought that twins had to run in your family somewhere. As far as I know, no one in my family has twins. I will be the first.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
December 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,558
Congrats and welcome! My name is jenny and i have twin girls that are 7 months old!
I was was really nervous at first too. We didn't tell anyone till I was 13 weeks because we were afraid of the same thing. When is your next appt?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
December 18th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,211
Welcome and congrats! I know what you are going through. I am 15 weeks pregnant with twins, and was pretty much in shock when the doctor told me. Twins did not run in our families either, but as someone else on here said once "They do now"

We are glad to have you with us!
__________________
"If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall guide me."

Psalm 139:9-10
]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
December 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,923
Congrats and welcome!! I think every twin mom has had fear of vanishing twin in the early stages so I totally understand, hopefully time flies for your next u/s!
Good luck and KUP!
__________________
Jen, mom to Danika 6, and twins Owen & Rhys 3 (how did that happen!?!)


Reply With Quote
  #5  
December 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: southern cali
Posts: 3,184
how exciting for you!! i would encourage you to simply enjoy the fact that you have two and take things one day at a time.
__________________
school's out for the summer.....

~~terre~~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
December 18th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,373
Congrats and welcome! I agree with everyone else, every parent of multiples worries about losing one or the other during pregnancy. It is so stressful! I hope time goes fast for you until your next u/s.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
December 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 860
Congratulations and welcome. My doctor said their was a chance of one might disapper. I am thankful that didn't happen I swear I worry more with these two than I did with both my boys!
__________________
Lorie









Reply With Quote
  #8  
December 19th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 28,159
Yay Ashley!!!
__________________
Mama to 5!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
December 25th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 10,864
Hey... I lost this board entirely, but I found you!!! Anyways, my last ultrasound (on the 21st) went well. There are still two babies, and both have heartbeats. My doctor lightened the fear a bit by saying that now it is more about miscarriage, but not to worry. That there is a 20% chance as with a singleton, but each baby carries that percentage. So still 80% each that they will be fine. I have another ultrasound on the 5th of Jan. I will be 8.5-9weeks. Then again for testing at 13 weeks, and then again at 20 weeks. So, I think I will be okay with seeing them so often. Every U/S is nerve wrecking. I was so relieved to see two little blobs flickering away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
December 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 0
Congrats on the great ultrasound and welcome!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
December 27th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,211
Glad to hear everything is still looking good. I understand the nervousness, I am still a little anxious everytime we go in for an appointment. It is comforting to know I am going to have an u/s everytime though, so I know I will be able to see them and see how they are doing. Our next appointment is tomorrow and I can't wait to check on them!
__________________
"If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall guide me."

Psalm 139:9-10
]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0