reaction to vaccines

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2010, 08:51 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering if any of your kids had rashes like the ones pictured below? Every time Abby had had one she breaks out in this awful rash. Two weeks ago the Dr. said that he wouldn't be concerned unless we had a problem this last time (we now only do one vax at time every two weeks). Of course she got another rash. Every time the rash is a little worse. It makes her leg warm, really red, with little red bumps all over it. The redness goes away in about a week. Then she has really dry, bumpy, almost scaly skin of a few more weeks.

What do you think? What would the dr. be concerned about? All opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance!

These are pics of her reaction to Tdap. It has been the same for all the shots she has received.

December 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A&E have never reacted to the vaccine. Do both of your girls react? Could it be an allergy to the latex gloves and not the vaccine?

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every single vaccine has done that? That would concern me. Can you cut down to 1 a month? I wonder if it is the aluminum in it?

December 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Every vaccine. We have decided that we are going to delay. We are just not comfortable with her having these reactions. We are going to delay both until 2 prob.

I read that it sometimes if the vials have a latex stopper it can cause a reaction too. Last time we didn't put a band aide on her to make sure it wasn't that.

December 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
mommabirdof4
I am not sure...we don't vax...

But I would think your dr would want to look into it more. Some vaccines have egg products in them which can cause issues for people with allergies to eggs. It does sound like an allergy to me since the response keeps getting a little worse each time which is VERY common for an allergy. Repeated exposier causes it to get worse and worse.
December 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabirdof2.5 View Post
I am not sure...we don't vax...

But I would think your dr would want to look into it more. Some vaccines have egg products in them which can cause issues for people with allergies to eggs. It does sound like an allergy to me since the response keeps getting a little worse each time which is VERY common for an allergy. Repeated exposier causes it to get worse and worse.
Can I ask you why you don't vax. We are definitely going to at least delay. I want to wait till they are at least 2 now and I want Abby to be checked for allergies.

December 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
mommabirdof4
For us it was just a personal choice...to each there own.
December 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah, that almost looks like a contact rash, vs a vax rash to me---but none of my four have ever had anything that looked like that---email the pics to your doctor
January 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Generally Crispy
We don't vax either. My older two are fully vax'd and the younger 3 are not.

My nephew has adverse vaccine reactions. His first few were rash reactions. Now he has post vaccination seizures. Not sure what exactly is the cause.
January 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I agree with Marie that it looks more like contact reaction especially if its only on her thighs, what do they use to clean the skin or what type of bandaid?

January 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
That really sucks about your nephew! but nice to know I will have to do some research now.

They use an alcohol pad and not sure what band aide but we did not put one on her last time so it is not the band aides.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search