Soe questions for Mom's of twins

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm,

So now that I have gotten used to the fact that I am pg with twins, I have a few questions for the girls who have already been through the entire pregnancy (or who are in later stages of pg).

Firstly, has anyone given birth naturally to them?

How horrible is it when they start to kick, especially near the end? (My DD alone used to make me cry, I am skinny, and I swore she was trying to tear me in half).

And... the million dollar question- How big did you get (especially for those who had a singleton first). I am so afraid of becoming my own planet with a non-orbiting moon (my butt). I know, I know, do it for the babies, but I am a little scared of this. I didn't get very big with my DD (gained 26lbs).

What complications did you have? (especially for those who have had complications previously in other pregnancies).

Thank you, and sorry if some of them are vain. I am just trying to prepare myself.
December 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy

My boys were born my c/s due to Baby B having an EFW of 1lb bigger and being breech. But here is a very inspiring video for those wanting to do natural YouTube - Natural Childbirth of Twins and Triplets!

How horrible is it when they start to kick, especially near the end? (My DD alone used to make me cry, I am skinny, and I swore she was trying to tear me in half).

No lies it does get uncomfortable, 35 weeks was the hardest for me. Baby B had his head firmly planted at the top of my uterus and it was impossible to get up without feeling like he was going to pop out. Fortunately i only felt kicking from Baby A since B's placenta was anterior.

And... the million dollar question- How big did you get.

I measured 47wks and gained 50lbs or so with my boys

What complications did you have? (especially for those who have had complications previously in other pregnancies).

I had BP issues and pre-e at 32wks and had to stop working then. With my singleton I had PTL at 24wks so in that sense my twins pregnancy was far better plus I carried the twins a little bit longer than my singleton.

Congrats on your twins! I have a JM friend IRL who found out about her twin girls at her 20wk u/s. Biggest and best surprise of her life!

Last edited by tundrababy; December 25th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
December 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I had to have a c-section due to Baby A being breech and B being transverse. I do have a friend that had twin boys that she delivered vaginally but both babies were head down. The lady that taught the Expecting Multiples class at my hospital also delivered her's vaginally AND delivered Baby B breech. It is possible! Just not in my case.

I'm not going to lie either... the end did suck. Madelyn (Baby A) was so far nestled into my pelvis it hurt every time I walked, sat, and moved in any sort of way. In my case I started to notice it from weeks 30 on.

In my case, at 29 weeks I measured 45 weeks pregnant. But I am only 5'3" and have a short torso. I only gained 32 lbs though compared to 50 with my singleton. It definitely got harder to eat towards the end with both babies taking up room in my belly.

NON! Blood pressure was fine throughout, I didn't get GD, and both babies grew great (they shared a placenta so they were being monitored for TTTS). I worked up until the day before my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks too. So no bed rest for me, thank goodness. I didn't have any complications with my first though.

Congrats on your twins! It was definitely quite the experience to carry more than one baby and bring two babies home. Even though the pregnancy was hard (comfort-wise), it was soooooooooooooo worth it and I would do it again.
December 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My girls were born via csection as well. Baby A was head down, but B was breech. My doctor would not deliver B vaginally if she was breech and I was not willing to do a vaginal csection birth.

The kicking wasn't bad at all. I think they get so cramped that they can't kick as hard as a single baby. I haven't had a single though, so I could be wrong about that. I was uncomfortable toward the end, but started going to a chiropractor to try to get Baby B to flip. I was so much more comfortable after that. I could sleep without my back hurting. Flipping over was still a chore, but it wasn't nearly as difficult as it could have been.

I was measuring 47 weeks a few days before delivery. I gained 35 lbs total.

I had braxton hicks starting in the first trimester. By 24w they were so common that my Dr. put me on anti contraction meds to stop them. The meds elevated my blood sugars and mimicked gestational diabetes. As long as I watched what I ate around the time I got my meds, my blood sugars stayed fine and I never needed insulin. As soon as I stopped the meds, my blood sugars were fine no matter what I ate.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls. You are making me feel a bit better. Keep those answers coming though lol.
December 25th, 2010, 06:58 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Firstly, has anyone given birth naturally to them? c/s here too hd bp issues. Most drs around here won't even let you try. My dr said he would only let me try if both were head down and everything was perfect. I asked my peri about it and he said that if he was delivering me and I asked for a vaginal delivery that he would tell me to find another dr.
How horrible is it when they start to kick, especially near the end? I loved it . it was very rare that it hurt for me

And... the million dollar question- How big did you get? I measures 50 weeks when I delivered at 36 weeks. here are some pics.
Belly Pics | Facebook

What complications did you have? no prob real problems until the last two weeks. Had bp problems and preterm labor. spend a couple days at home on bed rest then the hospital bed rest. I had to quit working at 27 weeks.

December 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the pics. Yikes! I am scared. With DD I was as big as you were when you were 23-25 weeks when I was due with her. You do look amazing though, and surprisingly not all that uncomfortable.
December 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can see some of my belly pics here.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks! the only thing that was uncomfortable was the back pain. I LOVED being preggo!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search