We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am wondering if anyone has done it here?? If you have would you mind sharing your experience.
I have found a wonderful doula who is a twin momma herself...just delivered twins last year naturally herself. My OB has given me the go ahead as long as Baby A is head down...she wouldn't mind delivering Baby B Breech. I may have to have to have a epi line placed but wouldn't actually use it unless I needed a c-section.
My OB doesn't want to do an atomatic c-section...says that it isn't needed unless medically indicated so glad she feels like that...I have no problem with having a c-section but only if it is actually needed(for me). luckly she knows I have super easy laobrs and she has delivered both of my kids.
I know there is at least one twin momma here who had a natural birth. Kudos to you for looking into this. I looked into it and decided that the csection was the way to go based on my babies positions. I went into labor at home and labored there all night before calling my Dr. I went to the hospital after about 6 hours of labor. They tried to stop it and sent me home. My water broke shortly after and I didn't have my csection until 19 hours after my labor started. They wouldn't give me any drugs, let me walk or even have ice chips while I waited for my csection. They weren't checking me to see how dilated I was, but I was feeling pressure by the time my Dr. finally made it to the hospital to do the csection and my contractions were one on top of another. I was bummed before hand that I wasn't going to experience labor. I'm probably odd, but I'm really glad that I got to experience that. I'm not sure if it's because of how they were positioned, but I felt the contractions in the front as well as in my back.
I think that if the babies are positioned right, your doctor is willing to do it and you've done the research on it, then you should go ahead and give it a try. Good luck!
Thank you peimum for my siggie
Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday 365 Days in a Roe
I would have loved to deliver naturally, but it was hospital policy in general to have an epidural just in case (with multiple deliveries). I could have refused it, if delivering vaginally, but it would have increased the risk of having to be put under if there was an emergency c-section.
Unfortunately, my doctor wasn't comfortable delivering anything other than both babies being head down. So when Lilly (Baby B) flipped breech a few days before I went into labor, it put an end to my ideas of a vaginal birth.
I haven't talked with my OB about the epi yet, but he did tell me when we found out it was twins that he has no problem delivering them vaginally as long as the first baby is head down. Like someone else here said, he was willing to work with the second baby even if it was breach, he just said the first baby had to be head down. And that was without me even asking about it
__________________ "If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall guide me."
I hope you get the birth you want. I had a c/s with DD so my OB insisted that I have another c/s with the twins which I was fine with. I loved knowing that I wouldn't have to labor on end with the twins. I just wanted it scheduled and over with. It didn't really matter though because Ty was breech the entire pregnancy, but then flipped head down when he broke his water.
I just had twins in September. Baby A was head down my entire pregnancy, baby b was breach. My Ob said I could have a vaginal delivery as long as baby A was head down. But he really encouraged me to get the epidural so they he could turn baby B around once baby A was out. I was induced and ended up needing epidural anyways so that he could break my water. Way to painful when he tried before the epidural.
I had a c/s. He said I could try a vaginal delivery if both were head down which they were. He scheduled a c/s for the end of may just in case I needed it but had my c/s the second week of may because my bp was out of control. The peri (Dr. Mirable at Mercy I think his partner Dr. Stanley has a practice in moore too) said that if he was going to deliver me and I wanted a vaginal delivery he would tell me to find another dr. I do wish that I was able to try tho.
I did!! I had my girls Sept 15th.... I didn't think my doc would let me since when I brought it up in the office he said no... so we compromised that when I hit 7cm I would get an epidural. Well Sept 14th my water broke at 910. I was 33wk4d I made it to the hospital at 930, my Doc was already there. I was 1cm 90% effaced. They tried to stop the labor with Mag... but the babies were ready to come.. by 1015 I was 3cm... they turned off the mag. By 1130 I was 6cm... My Dr turned to me and asked did I want to try to have them natural still and i said YES!! so he said ok.. but I just want you to know if something were to happen and you need an emergency cs.. you will be put under. I said I know.. but I want to try.. he said ok I'm gonna run to the office.. I'll be back. At 1150 I was ringing for the nurse the contractions were lasting for about 50-55 seconds.. coming every 60 secs.. she cheked me and said I better get Dr D down you are about 9 cm... no sooner did she walk out I was on the bell saying I had to push!!! I was still in the birthing room at this point. So they (I think every nurse on the floor) came rushing in ripped off the monitors and started to push the bed down the hall to the Csection room.. mean while getting my hubby changed. I heard Dr D call anestesia just in case and his partner (PA) was also in the room they got me over to table.. and By this time... it was about 1215-1220.... I started to push... and Julia (baby A) was born at 1229am 4lbs 8oz... and Jillian (baby B) was born at 1236am 4lbs 12oz.
I did tear slightly I got a second degree.... (It hurt less than the episomity I had with my son)
But I had a great experiance... and it was nice since because they were early they went to the NICU.... and I could go see them within an hour of them being born since I had no medication that I had to wait to wear off!
Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!
BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
(scary birth story to follow....fair warning.....don't read if your having a bad day )
I was set for a natural birth (it was even a vbac!) with baby A head down and baby B breech (but she was smaller). We were 5cm along, barely any contraction pains---we were almost home free.
I was told I HAD to have an epidural in case of a c-section. I was so afraid. Everything in me told me not to get it, but I listened to my Dr.
Looking back now, I should not have agreed to the epidural. If worse came to worse, they could just do a general and get baby B out. It's rare, but my epi was placed wrong and I had to be intubated right there in the labor/delivery room. Instead of the Dr. numbing me from the waist down, he numbed me from the waist up. My diaphram was paralized and I stopped breathing.
My girls were born via c-section with me under general because of it.
Before 8 months ago, I was SO pro-epidural! Now I would not suggest one to even my worst enemy
Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09
I delivered my twins vaginally with a epidural. My doctor encouraged me to get a epi incase Baby B(Sebastian) required a c-section. I thought it made sense and don't regret it. I delivered Baby A(Isabel) with no problem. Then Baby B(Sebastian) turned breech. My doctor used ultrasound to help find his feet, and then Baby B was born via breech extraction.