Freaking out a little (xposted)

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! Today I went for u/s 36 weeks 4 days. Everything looked good, baby A is still breech, what a stinker! However I am freaking a little b/c they said baby A (the girl) is only 4lbs 15oz and baby B (the boy) is 6lbs 5oz!!!!!!!! THey looked at the little girls blood flow to her cord and brain and everything looks fine. The doc at the u/s place came in and said maybe the food was not being distributed evenly and not to worry b/c everything looks good. Well, I'm worring is this ok? Will my little girl be alright? I feel like it's my fault like I have not eaten enough for both of them (so I came home and house a sandwich, pretzels, and a small kit kat bar lol). Thanks for any help/advice.

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure your little girl will be all right. There is a margin of error with those measurments, so she could be bigger than that. She's a girl, which helps. She won't have what is commonly referred to as wimpy white boy syndrome. White males, born early, are more likely to be in the NICU and have issues than girls and boys of other races. She also is a twin, which is in her favor. Twins seem to know that they'll be evacuated early. They tend to mature faster and do much better at lower birth rates than single babies do.

My girls were born at 36w 5d. They were 5lbs 12oz and 5lbs 5oz. Neither needed any assistance breathing and came right to my room with us.

I can't wait to "meet" your new little ones.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
If your doc is okay with it all I wouldtry not to worry about it too much. Like Valerie said u/s can be off. The EFW done the day before my boys were born had them under 1/2lb each. You have done so well carrying them this far and to already have one over 6lbs is fantastic! Hang in there and try to enjoy the last bit before they are born.

December 29th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other gals. Try not to freak yourself out because there can be a high margin of error with u/s, especially at this point.

Hang in there! You will have your little ones in your arms before you know it.
December 29th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks so much ladies! I feel better!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
December 29th, 2010, 07:28 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Try not to worry. The dr's know best and are experienced with multiples. From what I hear with b/g twins is that the boy always weighes more than the female. Also, better that the female is smaller since boys do develop slower than girls. Just get some rest and keep off your feet and let those babies bake.

December 29th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
Sometimes those u/s can be off a bit in terms of weight sometimes within a pound or so. But I have heard that sometimes the little boys are a bit bigger than the little girls. I'm sure everything will be fine and both babies will be healthy. You've made it this far - and have done awesome!

December 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
everything I was going to say has been covered so I guess try and relax!

December 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
just wanted to share that my SIL had twins 23 years ago -- never knew there were two till 37 weeks. she went 40+ weeks and had them vaginally with no problem. whitney came first at about 5 pounds and wesley came second at 8+ pounds. they were absolutely fine! betcha everything is fine with your precious little ones, jamie.

~~terre~~
December 29th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Lindsey.'s Avatar Veteran
I second what everyone else has said about the measurements being off.

Also, when my boys were born (at 36 weeks, 1 day) one was 4 lbs, 11 oz and the other 5 lbs, 15 oz. They induced me because they were concerned about the discrepency, but they both came out healthy as could be and came right home with us, no time in the NICU. He is still a little smaller than his brother, but just fine healthwise.

She is a girl and would likely be smaller anyways, even if you were pregnant with just one. Try to relax and enjoy these last few days. Good luck!

December 30th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the advice ladies! You really calmed me down, now I'm just waiting for them to come

December 30th, 2010, 08:42 AM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with everyone else about the margin of error in measurements. At my last ultrasound before having the girls, I was told Lilly was larger than Maddie but it was the other way around. None of the estimates for weight have ever been right with any of my other kids, either.

Good luck and congrats on getting so far in your pregnancy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search