Introduction and of course some questions :)

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
BrittM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! My names Brittany and I am currently expecting twin girls due may 12. We found out Dec 7 at our first ultrasound that their were two lo's in there. Very shocking! Now that we're used to the idea we are super excited and can't wait to meet our girls. We have a 3 year old son Jake who believes he also has two babies in his tummy lol.

I was just wondering how long you all made it into your pregnancies before your babies were born. It seems the norm is around 36 weeks? Does that sound right? Also, were you able to move around and do things in the final weeks? I'm worried about becoming completely immobile lol. I'm under 5 ft so I'm expecting to get really big. Also, what is it like having newborn twins. Was it as hard as you thought it would be, or harder. (sorry, my question mark key all of a sudden stopped working lol).

I look forward to getting to know you all!

January 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and Hello! My name is Jenny and I have 8 month old twin girls. I stopped working at 28 weeks. Was on bed rest at 34 weeks due too contractions and high bp. Hospital bedrest at 35 weeks and delivered (c-section) at 36weeks. It did get really difficult to move around towards the end. I really didn't do much prob the last month unless I could sit and do it.

here are some belly pics:

Belly Pics | Facebook

January 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome I can't give you any good answer, b/c I am actually about a month behind you (due June 11th), but I look forward to going through this with you!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your twins! My name is Lindsay and I have (almost) 6 week old identical twin girls. I worked up until the day before my c-section at 37 weeks and 2 days. But I have a desk job so it wasn't too bad. If I was up working on my feet all day there would have been no way I could have made it to the end. Thankfully I had a pretty easy pregnancy with no bed rest. I only had one false labor scare at 32 weeks but was given the OK to go back to work. My only complaint was that I was so uncomfortable at the end. I am 5'3" and here is what my belly looked like at 36 weeks... I was HUGE.

January 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations and welcome!

My guys are adopted, but they were born at 28 weeks for prom--healthy, fat babies now.

I knew two nb's would be hard, I just didn't get it until I was right in the middle of it. Buy two swings with ac adaptors, my refluxers slept in those alot when they wouldn't settle. They're 22mos actual now, and they still love that movement.

I thought 38 weeks was considered term for twins-hoping you have a long, boring pregnancy
January 8th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I made it to 36 weeks and had a c-section. Having 2 newborns was hard and exhausting but we made it! Wishing you and happy and healthy pregnancy!

January 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can see some of my belly shots here. I had the girls, via csection, at 36w5d. I wasn't on bedrest, but was told to sit as much as possible. I was having a lot of contractions, so was put on anti-contraction meds around 25weeks. I'm sure my kiddos would have been born earlier if it wasn't for the meds and for me taking it easy. I worked up until the moment my water broke, but I was able to work at home. I think my Dr. would have pulled me from work before that if I had been going to an office or on my feet all day.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM
BrittM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to hear that I may not be completely immobile by the end of this pregnancy lol. I'm really terrified of having a c section. The idea of being cut open is really disturbing to me and recovery while caring for twins scares me as well. I know there is a much higher chance that I will end up with a c section but I am praying really hard that I don't. All in all, I'm just really anxious to meet these two little girls!

January 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
Hi - I can't really help too much as I am due may 8th - but I did want to say congrats and welcome

January 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Veteran
Welcome. (I am new here too.) My identical twin girls will be 2 next month. I delivered them via csection at 34 weeks to the day. I went part time at the job I had about a month before I had them and I actually worked the day before I had them. Twin newborns was difficult but I honestly do not think it was as hard as the age they are now. I bet it depends on the babies... I had pain but not too unbearable. Good luck!!!!

Last edited by LovingMyTwinGirls; January 12th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
January 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! My girls are 8 months old now. They were due at the end of May, we made it to 35w6d. They were 6.15 and 5.14 at birth.

I was smaller with them and felt better during their pregnancy than any of my others!

Twins so much fun! Your DS is going to love the babies. My DS (Jace) is 5 now, and he adores "his" girls. He often asks when we are going to have more, and asks "next time, can we have three babies?", lol

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

January 13th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! My twins are now 3 and a half :-) They were born at 37.5 days via scheduled induction. Baby A was born Vaginally and B was an emergancy C/S. They weighed 7.5 lbs and 6.3 lbs. Both came home with us from the Hospital.

I can tell you that was HUGE! The week before they were born I measured 55 inches around! But I was very mobile.. I was taken off work at 32 weeks due to having VERY physically demanding job ( I was a CNA). I think if I would have had a desk job I could have worked up until the end.

I will be honest with you.. I don't remember the first 6 weeks of their life. It was tough.. but after that things seem to get better :-) I also had a 2 year old at the time. He didnt' really acknowledge them unitl they are about 6 weeks old also.. but he did great with them when he did. Now he's 5 and they all play really wall together.

ETA: My younger Sister had her Identical twins at 36.2 days when her water broke. She was never on any bed rest or taken off of her job. (She's a respitory Therapist) Her girls were both around 5 lbs at birth and spent 2 weeks in teh NICU. They are now 2 and doing great!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)

Last edited by Jara; January 13th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
January 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my twins at 36w 3d and they wanted to come at 31w. My contractions were slowed down and I stopped dilating. and I was put on strict bed rest until 35 weeks. After i stopped the procardia my contractions stopped completely and I was induced as I was in so muck pelvic pain. It was hard to take baby steps. At 24 weeks I was put on modified bed rest due to all the braxton hicks I was having.

Had I not had the pelvic pain I could have made it to the 38w 3d goal my OB had set for me. I also would have been more mobile.

But congrats to you!
January 20th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Congratulations!! My girls were born at 32w 6d -- almost made it to 33!! The last 3-4 weeks of my pregnancy were so difficult -- trying to keep those babies IN! I am petite, but your size doesn't really matter. I know plenty of twin mommies who are also petite and carried to full-term. Every pregnancy has different issues, but hopefully you will have none!

I have nothing to compare it to since my twin are my only LOs, but yes, it was WAY more difficult than I ever imagined. My girls had silent reflux, so that compounded the difficulty of it all.

My best piece of advice: start saving all the $ you can now for a night nurse (at least 1 or 2x week). In fact, tell anyone that wants to give you a gift, that all you really want is to be able to afford a night nurse or some help when those babies are born. Get one of your good friends to take charge of lining up meals and people to come help wash clothes, clean your house, or just come hold and feed the babies for a couple of hours so you can get a shower, take a nap, or just get out of the house by yourself so you can feel like human again. My DH and I used to argue over whose turn it was to go to Target every week. haha!

Good luck!
January 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I'm Tina and have 8 week old girl/boy twins. They were born via scheduled c-section at 38 weeks. Baby B was breach. My little girl was 6lbs and my boy was 5lbs 14oz and they didn't have to go to the nicu. They came home with me when they were 3 days old I worked up to 36 weeks (desk job) and took the 37th week off to "relax" and get last minute things done. I am 5ft and petite and I was very uncomfortable by the end. I only gained 20lbs, but my back was definitely feeling it! I've attached my belly pix from the morning of the c-section. All in all, I had a great pregnancy! No major issues. Just the nausea and being uncomfortable. I was able to move around, but for short periods of time. I couldn't walk around for longer than 20-30 minutes at a time before becoming just super tired. Everyone is different though.

Having twins isn't easy, but we've had so much help. My husband is amazing and our families have been around to help out a ton. My sister even took time off of work to stay at home with me for a couple of weeks which was awesome! Even just the extra set of hands to hold, feed, change, etc was incredible. The c-section itself wasn't bad. I was on the pain meds for about 10 days total. Just make sure you take them every 4 hours or sooner because they really help!

The best advice I have is to feed them at the same time. Even if one is sleeping. when one wakes up, get the other one up as well. Otherwise, by the time you feed, change and get the 1st to bed, the other one will be up and the cycle will continue. My husband and I both get up in the middle of the night with the babies and then we'll have at least a stretch of a couple of hours of sleep. If you're breast feeding, do one right after the other (or both at the same time if you can handle it).

Any other ?s feel free to ask! These are my first babies so I'm still learning, but thats what this website is for! We're all in this together and its a great place for advice and to have someone to talk to whos going through the same thing! Hope you have an easy pregnancy!

crap! forgot the pix! here they are

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search