Babywearing twins?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it even possible to safely babywear both babies at the same time? Right now the girls are growing more aware of their surroundings and want to be held all the time. It gets difficult when both girls want to be held and DD#1 is also needing some attention.

Any of you BTDT's try babywearing both of your babies? Any info would be great before I go totally crazy.
January 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never wore them at the same time, they were always too heavy, and I was afraid someone would fall out or get squashed. DH and I each had a Baby Bjorn, and it was ideal if he was home, but if I was alone then the neediest baby got carried. They adjusted.

I found the swings perfect for those early days when they wanted to be held all the time
January 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore mine all the time. I still do, but only one at a time now. Twins fit into a Moby really well. I can't find any pics of me wearing mine in a Moby, I must have them on my external hard drive. This is from a web page. These twins don't look super comfy, but mine always were.

After they got too big to both fit in the Moby, I would wear on one my front in the Moby and one on my back in an Ergo. I would put the Moby on first and then the Ergo. Then I'd put a baby in the Ergo on my back and put the front baby on second. I can't remember what age I started doing that. I'd go grocery shopping like that since two infant seats took up too much space and neither could sit up in the cart. I also got stopped a lot less because anyone in front or behind could only see one baby. It wasn't until someone saw me from the side that I got comments.

You can make your own Moby. You just need 5-6 yards of jersey knit fabric. I think I got mine 5.5 yards. It comes with a fold down the long way. You just need to cut along that fold. Then you have 2 long pieces of fabric, each can be used as moby. You don't need to hem the edges because the jersey knit won't fray. I did this and DH and I both had a Moby that we could use. There are a few other carriers you can use, like K'tan, but I don't know much about that.

Good luck! I loved wearing my girls. Many days it was the only thing that stopped their colicy screaming.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
there are some on you blog celry:

365 Days in a Roe: Mobile Madness

365 Days in a Roe: Hippie Hippie Shake

365 Days in a Roe: Elementary My Dear

i thought there was a pic of them much smaller that I saw on there but I didn't see it this time... not that i'm stalking you or anything

January 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateandjenny View Post
there are some on you blog celry:

365 Days in a Roe: Mobile Madness

365 Days in a Roe: Hippie Hippie Shake

365 Days in a Roe: Elementary My Dear

i thought there was a pic of them much smaller that I saw on there but I didn't see it this time... not that i'm stalking you or anything
I love that you knew where to look. The pic of both in the Moby is when they were really too big for it. I put them in it while we were playing

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 8th, 2011, 02:15 PM
mommabirdof4
I am not a BTDT twin mom yet....but I used to wear both of my kids once my DD came along....(and yes that is my son is pink carrier...lol). I walked 1 mile to get my nephew from school every day like that.

this time around...once the twins are old enough I will wear one on front and one on back in Ergos or other buckle carriers. When they are tiny I will use a ring slings crossed in the front if I want to wear them together...or a woven wrap together in front.
January 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM
mommabirdof4
oh I wanted to pass along this link...

TheBabyWearer.com Forums

It is the thebabywearer...wearing more then one forum...it is great and has a TON of pictures!!
January 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much ladies! I knew I'd be able to get some answers here.
January 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
I love that you knew where to look. The pic of both in the Moby is when they were really too big for it. I put them in it while we were playing

I swear there was one when they were little on there ot maybe you posted it on here... I remember because it because I thought why didn't I think about that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search