Twin Zygosity Testing for $79

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Just in case anyone is looking for an inexpensive place to have the testing done at. A few from my local MOM's group have used them. The cheapest I had found was $150 before being told about this place. DH is going to do the testing for me for my bday and then wrap the results. I'm almost positive they are id's, but I'm curious to know for sure. I guess it is a mom thing.

Twin Zygosity Test

January 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a great price. I think I found one for $99, but then decided not to do it. I convinced someone at the hospital to let me go through my medical record. She has twins herself and was very accommodating. In it, I found the pathology report from the placenta/sacs. That told me they were ID. It made for some pretty interesting reading, but I'm a science geek.

I can't wait to see the results. I don't think I've seen enough pics of your boys to remember if I think they are id or not. I do think it's pretty common for a mom to think her ID twins look different. I did and still do until they fool me

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
My OB didn't order pathology on the placentas. She didn't see the need. I regret not telling her to do so, I guess I never thought they would be id's. Here is our Christmas pic. I can tell them apart now, but DH still can't. It is easier now because they are in helmets and one is white and the other blue. They have also both been within an ounce of each other and within 1/4" at all of their doctor's appts and we take them every month. At their 5 month shot visit they were both 18lbs12oz.

January 10th, 2011, 10:36 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great price! Thanks for the link I really want to get the girls tested, just haven't done it. They look so much alike, but since about 6 months I can tell them apart. Usually.

May 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1970 View Post
Just in case anyone is looking for an inexpensive place to have the testing done at. A few from my local MOM's group have used them. The cheapest I had found was $150 before being told about this place. DH is going to do the testing for me for my bday and then wrap the results. I'm almost positive they are id's, but I'm curious to know for sure. I guess it is a mom thing.
Hello, I pretty much joined this forum to get some feedback from the company you went with on having the Zygosity test done.

Did everything go as planed? Would you recommend them after going through the process? any hiccups?

TIA!
May 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingaling View Post
Hello, I pretty much joined this forum to get some feedback from the company you went with on having the Zygosity test done.

Did everything go as planed? Would you recommend them after going through the process? any hiccups?

TIA!
I had it done a few months ago and no problems at all. Mine came back identical and since I've done the testing I have referred a few friends to this company and they didn't have any problems either. I would highly recommend them. Takes about 7-10 days total with mail and all. It's best to have them email you the results, it is the quickest way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search