Fetal Growth

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my appointment today the OB (not mine, a sub, booo ) told me that my girls were measuring small and scheduled me for a growth u/s on Feb 1. They were 11.5 and 11.7 oz at my 22 week u/s. Do any of you remember how big or small your babies were at that point? Did any of you have growth issues with your twins? I am freaking out
January 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine were measuring 10 oz at their 20 week ultrasound. They weren't concerned even though they measured "small". They ended up being 5 lbs 8 oz (Madelyn) and 5 lbs 13 oz (Malia) when they were born. They were still considered "small" for the gestational age (37 weeks), but they weren't worried about it. I think Madelyn would have weighed more except she had two BM's after she was born before they weighed her.

I hope it is nothing in your situation. I'm sure it is nothing and your babies will be just fine.

Last edited by angeleyes04; January 22nd, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
January 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked back but don't know how much mine weighed at that age. I ended up with u/s almost every week because there was concern about TTTS and with their little bodies shutting down. They were, and still are, very long and skinny. Their legs were in the 90% and their abdomens in the 20%. My dr. wanted to make sure they were okay because of those discrepancy in those measurements. I remember being freaked out after many ultrasounds. I kept walking away feeling like something was super wrong, then I'd come here and people would calm my nerves.

Hopefully everything is fine and your babies continue to grow, just at their own pace.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember exactly but I would always check this:

Gestational Weights Via Ultrasound - Twinstuff Forums

and I would be close. It's not scientific but it say s11oz-1lbs 7 oz.

January 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Veteran
I had an u/s at 20w4d and both girls were measuring 13 oz. I go again on Friday for another u/s, I will let you know what their weights are. One thing to remember is the weights depend on how accurate the measurements were and the accuracy can change depending on the tech doing the u/s and the u/s machine. As long as they keep growing at an acceptable rate, I would try not to worry too much about what their sizes are compared to other babies.

January 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, I appreciate the help. That chart is awesome, thanks! I have an u/s onthe 1st of Feb, hopefully they will have grown a lot!
January 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM
mommabirdof4
Was it the OB doing the scan or a tech? Are you going to a Peri or a MFM dr for the growth scan?

I know the scans my OB does were not as accurate as the one that was done by the tech at the MFM dr's office or the MFM dr himself. That is where all my growth scans will be at. I wouldn't worry until you have your growth scan...then you can go from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search