New to the Group

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
Hello =)

I had my ultrasound at 6 wk 6 day and Baby A's heart rate was 133
and Baby B was 128 , and Baby B also measured 2 days difference.

I had high risk pregnancies in the past because of preterm labor so I am scared of what is to come.

I keep reading about Vanishing Twin Syndrome.... and it worries me that I can be walking around not knowing if I have 2 left.

I am due Sept 9th..

Thanks

Jen
January 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! Congrats! I was soooooo worried about that after I found out. We found out at 9 weeks. We had our second ultrasound at 12.5 weeks and didn't tell anyone till 13 weeks because that was thanksgiving. When is you next u/s? Hope you give us an update!!

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

January 24th, 2011, 03:26 AM
I heard it mostly happens at 9 weeks and under... ( Vanishing Twin)

Is that true?
January 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome I can understand your fears, because I was worried about it also, and it did happen to one of the ladies in my DDC. All I can say is try not to stress too much about it. Stress isn't good for you or them.

We were too excited not to tell people, so we did tell my family and a few good friends as soon as we found out it was twins (we found at at 8 wks 3 days). My thought was that if I did lose one of them, those were the people I would want to understand why I was sad and to be my support.

I haven't read anything on when it is likely to happen (other than early in the pregnancy), so I am no help there. I will be praying yours are healthy though and I look forward to getting to know you!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPeasinAPod View Post
I heard it mostly happens at 9 weeks and under... ( Vanishing Twin)

Is that true?
I'm sorry I don't know. My ob told us not to tell anyone till after 12 weeks so thats what we did.

January 24th, 2011, 08:15 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I am no help on worrying about a vanishign twin, they didn't catch ours at our 9 week u/s, we didn't even KNOW we were having twins til my 22 week u/s. I will keep you and your beans in my T&P And hope that you can be at peace and not worry too much. . .if possible! I have found a whole slew of new things to worry about lol.
January 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats! Our baby B also measured 2 days behind and I was sure he wasn't going to make it, but he did! We found out at 4 weeks, but waited until 8 to tell everyone we were having twins. Hope both of your babies continue to grow

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! you sound like me with the PTL and HR pregnancy stuff. I am 11w4d pg with fraternal twins as well. I am wondering how this pregnancy will differ from my DD with all the complications I had with her. So, for both of us.. GOOD LUCK!
January 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Congrats! you sound like me with the PTL and HR pregnancy stuff. I am 11w4d pg with fraternal twins as well. I am wondering how this pregnancy will differ from my DD with all the complications I had with her. So, for both of us.. GOOD LUCK!
Good Luck to you also! I thought there would be no way I would ever have twins and here I am .. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have never gone past 36 weeks with any of my pregnancies. Earliest came at 33 weeks

So I have not been able to turn my mind off at night.. I just keep thinking & thinking ahhh
February 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Good Luck. Go to all your appts and mind your high risk doctors advice. I still worry like crazy and am at 35 weeks. It comes with being a mommy. Many blessings to you and yours.!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search