Dipaers and sizes

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright , I am wanting to start buying diapers now that I am almost 12 weeks. I have a couple questions for everyone.

#1 Did you use do they have a size smaller than newborn and if so did you use them and how long

#2 About how many diapers did you go through a week??

THanks everyone
February 3rd, 2011, 07:09 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used preemie diapers for the first month. The cheapest place to buy them around here is walmart. They actually have the cheapest and best selection of preemie clothes. There was 20 in pack and used almost the whole pack each day (changing 8-10 times per day). We used about 126 diapers a week at first.

February 3rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
May I ask how much your Twins weighed at birth ??
February 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
We wore preemie diapers for about 2wks, my boys were 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 13oz. I think we bought a couple of packages and got several from the hospital. We budgeted 16-20 diapers a day.

February 3rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got a ton of diapers from the hospital We only used package or two of the premie sized and then moved to newborn. Mine we 5 12 and 5 5 when they were born. They were long though so the premie didn't cover their little but cracks very well. I have no idea how many we went through in a day. It's all a blur.

I would caution you on buying too many early on. You never know which brand will fit or if they'll have a reaction. We had a bunch of the green diapers and my kids reacted and got horrible rashes from a couple of the brands. Pampers fit them well and first and then we had to move onto huggies for a while and then to Target brand, then back to pampers etc. I'm glad we didn't have too much of a stockpile or we would have had a lot of useless diapers.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 3rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone , That gives me an idea !
February 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
the girls were 5 lbs 1oz and 5lbs 6 oz

February 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
I used the preemie they sent me home with from the hospital, but preferred the NB because they held more. For the first few months while they were BF'd we went through about 20 a day. Now at 6 months we are down to 10 a day and have been fow awhile. I agree about buying too many diapers because you never know which brands will work. I took the chance and bought all my diapers beforehand and they were fine in Pampers. I used swaddlers NB and sz 1 and then moved to baby dry. I buy mine through Amazon and am a member of Amazon Mom and get 30% off my diapers and there are tons of coupons in mags that you can stack to get another 20% off so that makes it 50% off. Also with Amazon there is 365 day free returns so if you order too many of a size or don't like the brand you can return for a full refund and they pay to ship back.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
I also bout A LOT of diapers before they were born. I bought them from a lady I new that worked at a hospital. They can get them super cheap.

February 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sticking with huggies ans pamper swaddlers for right now !!! I got an idea from someone (not sure who) but I am going to buy some diapers then get wal mart gift cards to hold onto. THat way I will not have to worry about being the wrong size etc !
February 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
we haven't had a prob with any brand. Right now we use huggies and sams brand. Love the sams brand. just like huggies but almost $10 cheaper per case.

February 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used newborn diapers for about the first 3 months, then size 1 for about 2 months, then size 2 for about 4 months and we are now in size 3's at 15months of age.

My girls were born @ 31weeks.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
consider cloth -- we c/d the twins here and its so easy! spend about $400 once for enough to last from nb size to potty trained. they do use sposie once in a while but about 90+ % of the time they are in cloth.

ETA: we bought about 24 bum genius 3.0 one size and they are still using them now at 20+ pounds each and 14 months old.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search