Trolls

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a bad vibe about our new triplet mom. I spent more time than I should have researching her and couldn't find anything definite, but there just was something not adding up about her story. Looks like I wasn't the only one as she's been banned.

It's too bad that people come to JM and lie with outrageous stories. I think it's been almost a year since we had a multiple troll. It always makes me leery about welcoming anyone too much as our section of the board seems to draw people with trolling tendencies.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you know I felt the same way so I am not surpised

February 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wondered how long that would take. The really shocking one for me was armywife something or another (I forget the numbers) that had twin girls. . . .She was in the Jan and Feb 10 PRs I don't know if she posted here or not but I was really shocked!
February 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Was Armywife the one whose twins were born on different days/different years. Dec 31 and Jan 1? IF so, her being banned didn't surprise me either. This doesn't hold true for all of them, but a lot of the trolls seem to have poor English skills. They tend to say things like "I seen" and use I and Me wrong for instance.

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 6th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I must have missed this... Glad she was banned then. People obviously don't have anything better to do but make fake identities for themselves on message boards.
February 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
mommabirdof4
That is very sad!!!
February 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
I must have missed this too. I had my suspicions on someone the end of last year. She came up pregnant with twins less than a year after having twins and one of the died. She posted here and I questioned her about a few things and never saw her again. It's sad that ppl have to make up such things. I know there was someone in a PR that was the host and raised money for something and then took off. Who in the world has the time to make up such stories. Just crazy.

February 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
Sad...I kinda thought something was off, but I am glad she was banned.

February 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I to must of missed something !! ,It is sad though that people have time to come to the board and make up stories, YOu would think they would have better things to do. I know I sure would
February 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The playroom I'm in had a troll (our host) who had a persona in this group as well. I barely have time to post anymore (twins are super mobile!), I can't imagine wasting time here to post about make believe children/pregnancies.

February 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I missed her post too. Can anyone put the link, I'm curious.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
February 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
Her story did seem very weird. I wonder why people even make up fake stories ...what do they even get out of it?
February 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
She posted in the newest prego mommies thread. I kept replying trying to see if I could get her to slip up I was following a friend on another section of Jm and saw a post from her there. I had my suspicions about her from that post. She didn't post on the multiples section for a couple days after that.

365 Days in a Roe

February 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Army wife was in my playroom.

She didn't make sense from day one. And this triplet one irked me too...

It's crazy these people have this much time on their hands to think up all this crazy stuff!

**I'm not a troll, I just tend to forget about this board hehe

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There was just one in Closely Spaced that was banned too, but she had been around for a long time before she got caught.

It is pretty crazy. When I first came to JM I was afraid people would think I was a troll LOL! But now I see that there are lots of people with close pregnancies after/before twins...lots of people with 3 kids closer than mine or 2 sets of twins and so on. I feel a lot better realizing that I don't look like a crazy person anymore LOL!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
I went to read her posts and I must say how pathetic to make up losing a baby. I feel so bad for the women in her DDC who were fooled by her and wasting prayers on her. I just can't believe someone who would make-up something as tragic as losing a child. Sick is all I can say.

February 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get so pissed about people who post about losing a child. My heart goes out to anyone that loses a child and than to find out they lied and wasted my thoughts and prayers. That is so low. I was always worried about people thinking my story was made up since so much happened to us.
February 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Yeah, our pregnant-with-twins host ended up being a troll. She might have been the one that collected money for something. I'm not sure about that. I was surprised when I found out, but then, once I thought about it....not so surprised. She never showed pics of herself that I can remember. They most definitely were never in her siggy.

As far as having 2 sets of multiples, one of our PR's twin mommies is pregnant again and it looks like twins (the last she told us). But, it looks like one of them might not make it and I don't think she has posted how the last u/s went. She's on FB with us, so I'm pretty sure she's legit. One of the twins looks like her, so she'd have to be stealing adult/mommy and twin pics from someone else to be a troll. Plus, moms who have had twin+ pregnancies are statisitally more likely to have another multiple pregnancy than a woman who has never had a multiple pregnancy.....because of this, my mom has told me to be careful about getting pregnant again.

Has anyone seen Catfish? It is a good movie that shows how sad these trolls lives can be to create this alternative life online. I consider myself a strong woman, but what the woman in that movie had to take care of on a daily basis - honestly, I'm not surprised she created a whole other life online. I won't ruin the movie by telling you what it is. But, I'll say that she created a FB account as a fake person and even created 15 other accounts of "friends" to talk to her on her Wall to attract other people to interact with her. It's just sad and disturbing. It'll be a long time before I forget that movie. (I also saw a Dateline type show that had the woman who's pics the troll used.)
February 8th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I haven't even heard of Catfish, but it sounds interesting.

I'm amazed that a troll could end up being a host before being caught. She must have been good at being fake.

I know there are lots of people out there with multiple multiples, especially if they've used fertility assistance. You only have a higher chance of multiples again if you have frats. There are families out there with a set of ID and a set of frats thoguh.

365 Days in a Roe

February 8th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just watched that Catfish trailer. It look so interesting! I wonder if it is on Netflix...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search