Did YOU know first?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
jumpinginpuddles's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!
I am expecting, due in September and I just have this strong feeling I am carrying twins. I can't really explain it. It's not a hope for them, because I am actually very nervous about the prospect of twins! Lol But, of course I'd be happy once the initial shock wore off.

I've read that it is very common to be super sick when expecting twins, but that hasn't been the case for me (I've just had regular m/s...in the morning, then I'm fine). I will hopefully find out on Monday at my first appt.

My question is, did you know, or suspect twins before confirming it? If so, what made you feel it was a possiblilty? Thanks!

My Blog
And always remembering our angel babies: 2002, 2006, and 2008
February 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nope had no clue! total surprise.

February 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I suspected before my first OB appointment because of the level of fatigue, but then I had an u/s at 9 wks and they said "nope! One baby!" then at my 22 week u/s they found TWO babies and I was completely because I had believed them at the first u/s when they ASSURED me it was one baby. . .so kind of a yes and no here lol.
February 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a clue and we were very shocked. We found out at our first appt at 8 weeks.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
February 6th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I suspected, so did my DH, sister and mom. I have no idea why. We were all disappointed after the first u/s only showed one baby. We saw two babies at our second u/s around 9w.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No clue with us either. But I knew something felt "different". We also found out early at 7 weeks. It was a shock and I cried. lol. I didn't get any m/s at all either.
February 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
mommabirdof4
I knew right away...have no idea why really just a feeling. I found out pretty early...5 weeks 6 days that there were two little ones.
February 6th, 2011, 10:09 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Nope, had no clue. And didn't have bad m/s.

February 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope no clue here either.. other then some semi high hcg levels.. no other indication. We found out around 6ish weeks.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
February 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
I had now idea - just high HCG levels. We found out early on u/s around 5 or 6 weeks.

February 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am now 13 weeks with twins, and I had NO idea. Though, looking back I was exhausted a lot more. Before I found out I slept for a good week before I got my bfp at 12 weeks. The tiredness is just starting to subside.

When I was just over 4 weeks I was having cramping so I went to the ER. They drew my blood and it was in the 5000 range for HCG. That is still within the normal range though for a single pregnancy, so I didnt think much (with DD I was 3000 at 7 weeks). Anyways, I got an ultrasound at 5w6d and saw 2 sacs, and then went back a week later and saw 2 blobs with heartbeats, and saw them again at 8 weeks and there they were. Now, they are bouncing lil baby looking things lol. It took a while for me to come to terms with it, and to be quite honest I don't think I am 100%. I am still in shock. My DDC has SO many twins on the way. It must have been in the Nov water. Good luck, and when will you know?

gah bfp 12dpo, not 12 weeks.
February 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope not really, other than I was really really tired and I already could (i thought ) feel my uterus !!!!! It was bigger than normal. I thought twins nah not me. Well I found out at my 7 week ultrasound that "yes" there was twins
February 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Well, your responses have been very interesting because fatigue is a BIG problem for me this time, and never was with either of my other p/g's! I have been sleeping like I have the flu-knocked out, every afternoon, and going to bed at night a good few hours before normal.

And the reason this is strange is that I am in much better shape going into this p/g than the other times. I workout regularly and am 25 lbs less than I was during either other p/g. I am(or WAS) a vegetarian but it seems all I want for dinners now is something with meat in it! I would normally be freaked out with myself, but something is causing this and I'm not gonna fight it! I have only gained 3 lbs so it's not that big of a deal, health-wise.

Two days before getting my +HPT, I had serious lower back and abdominal pain for two nights and I thought I was losing the baby (I figured I was p/g because I was already 2 weeks late) but I had no bleeding and have had no more cramping since.

I go to the doctor tomorrow. I am thinking that he will do a physical exam and if I am feeling/measuring larger, then he'll do an u/s right away. If not, they'll wait to do an u/s at my next visit just to confirm DD.

Thanks for all your stories.

My Blog
February 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no idea before I found out at 15 weeks. My dr said I was "puffy" at 6 weeks and my DH joked about it being twins, but my dr said no when she saw the scared look on my face, lol. I had the extreme fatigue and had all day nausea, but threw up a lot less than I had with my son. I attributed it all to being older for this pregnancy, though, and never thought it would be multiples.

Good luck tomorrow! KUP!

February 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No no clue. I went to the ob at 12 weeks. I went back at 16 weeks and was measuring big. He said either twins or farther along. I knew than it was twins. We found out at our ultrasound at 18 weeks.
February 7th, 2011, 08:19 AM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy616 View Post
No no clue. I went to the ob at 12 weeks. I went back at 16 weeks and was measuring big. He said either twins or farther along. I knew than it was twins. We found out at our ultrasound at 18 weeks.
My dr said the same thing at two visits about maybe being farther along. I knew my dates were right on because my period was literally every 28 days on the dot. I just thought I was having a big baby as DH is 6 ft. DH, my mom and my brother all made comments about having twins though, lol. I did not.

I did however have a VERY strong sense that I was carrying a girl. It was two girls

February 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
I had a feeling at my first ultrasound - My HCG levels were doubling every 26 hours and my progesterone was really high. I also had extreme fatigue.
February 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I went to the doctor today (first appt) and all is well, but I won't have my first u/s for 2 weeks (the 23rd). Based on the physical exam he said I'm measuring a somewhat larger than 10 weeks. I KNOW when I got p/g so my dates should not be in question. He said he wouldn't rule out twins, but he also didn't feel really strongly about it being a possibility. I'm just so glad everything is looking good and I look forward to going with my dh to the 1st u/s in a few short weeks!

My Blog
February 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I was not suprised to be told I was pregnant with twins at 6 weeks. My m/s was the easiest with that pregnancy, so it wasn't that. And, the funny thing was, I got a late BFP. So, with a twin pregnancy, you'd think I'd get it early. I had my hcgs checked too because I had a previous m/c. They were normal.

There was nothing different about that pregnancy to say it was twins. I just always "knew" I'd have a twin pregnancy and as this was to be my last pregnancy, this pregnancy was the one. Plus, faternal twins are on my mom's side but she has been the only one for 5 generations. So, I thought it would just have to be me or my sister. Also, I have characteristics that are linked to twin pregnancies. I'm tall, overweight, in my 30s (vs 20s), and I take tons of folic acid starting with TTC due to a blood thing I have going on.

Good luck with your u/s!
February 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
GirlzRock's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no idea and was in shock at my 8 week appt. My HCGs weren't high and I didn't have terrible m/s. We were really only hoping for one more (as I was trying to convince DH still) and were reaaaaaaally trying for a boy... but were blessed with two more girlies

Wife to Kris
Mom to FIVE girls! Jade (13), Alexandra (7), Leyna (5) and twins Kira and Kylee!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search