BTDT Moms!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 06:18 AM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok ladies,

Lets hear how you worked off your post baby belly Please tell me there is a way to get that extra skin to tighten back up! hahaha

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

February 9th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for posting - I am curious myself. I assume that the after twin belly is way different from the after single belly

February 9th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, mine is a bit different since I had 3, but I was small to begin with ~112-115 or so and 5'5. I also am an avid cardio kickboxer before pregnancy and when I got pregnant, I immediately couldn't work out for the remainder of my pregnancy due to high risk. I gained 55 pounds in pregancy and was down to 116 -118 pounds by my 6 week check up. I was not working out b/c I was healing from a difficult birth, but I think it was due to the pumping milk. A lot of it is good genetics I beleive. I now stay in shape with kickboxing and running. I never got twin skin, but working out is keeping me in shape. That and chasing 3 very crazy 19 month olds!!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
February 9th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of2 View Post
Thanks for posting - I am curious myself. I assume that the after twin belly is way different from the after single belly
Yes it is!!!!! I hope all the loose skin goes back to normal!
February 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
My boys are two and I still have twin skin, I figured it be as much since I scar easily. I still am overweight since I had the boys as well, I totally ate to cope during the first and most of second year . I started running again and core training, its helping pull everything in but I am still saving for a tummy tuck one day.

February 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My skin is a little stretched, but not too bad. It took me awhile to get the 35lbs off that I'd gained. I just did is slow and steady through BFing and workingout. I lost an additonal 15 lbs from my pre prego weight. I'm sure I could have lost more if I hadn't eaten quite as much butter and sugar. BFing two really took my weight off and running after them all the time has helped as I used to sit at a desk way too many hours each dya.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
My skin is a little stretched, but not too bad. It took me awhile to get the 35lbs off that I'd gained. I just did is slow and steady through BFing and workingout. I lost an additonal 15 lbs from my pre prego weight. I'm sure I could have lost more if I hadn't eaten quite as much butter and sugar. BFing two really took my weight off and running after them all the time has helped as I used to sit at a desk way too many hours each dya.
That is awesome that you lost an additional 15 from pre-preggo weight. Good for you!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
February 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a little overweight before getting pregnant. I gained like 30 pounds and had the girls at 28 weeks. I lost a ton after delivering the girls and was down to prepregnancy clothes by 6 weeks. Had to be careful about some pants because of c-section scar. We lost Madison after 5 months due to CDH and do to my depression and turning to food I am now way more than I was when I delivered the girls. I did work out and lost a bit but than I lost my Mom back in November and have been so busy with my stuff, and helping my dad that I have no time to workout. Hoping things settle down and able to work out and get rid of some weight. It is hard to lose weight when your depressed. Will always have yucky stretch marks and a little extra skin. Oh well!
February 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've lost the weight from the babies but not the weight I gained when I was working (I quit just before I found out I was pregnant). The skin on my belly is stretched out some, but the further from the delivery I get the better it's getting. I agree with genetics, though. I got stretch marks on my belly at the very end of the pregnancy with the twins and they were the first ones (on my belly) from any of my pregnancies.

I found with my son that once I lost the weight from him the stretched out skin look went away. I'm hoping that happens this time, too.

February 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I'm not so much worried about the weight since I'm about 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. It's just the skin! Ahhhh! Go away flabby skin!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

February 9th, 2011, 09:56 PM
GirlzRock's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to say it but mine is still pretty lose. I've lost all of the weight (I started at 119 and gained 49 lbs by 38wks) and I go to the gym 5-6 days per week just like before I got pg but it's still lose. I actually have a crease just above my belly button that was never there. Ugh. I do have some great abs under this stupid skin though. Lol.

Wife to Kris
Mom to FIVE girls! Jade (13), Alexandra (7), Leyna (5) and twins Kira and Kylee!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search