Clothes

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright this is for the mothers of same sex twins.. Did you dress your twins the same all the time or just on special days ,events ??? If so how long did you do this ????

If you did not is there any certain reason why not ???

Just wondering
February 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I buy very few matching outfits. We were given a ton of matching clothes though, so I do dress them the same. I am getting more and more away from that as they wear more clothes that I buy and less that were gifts.

I go shopping and will see something that I think is perfect for A or E and the other one never wears it. They have very different personalities, so there are outfits that I think are just for one or the other based on that.

I do think it's fun to dress them the same some, so I tried to get it out of my system early. Because they look alike, people tend to lump them into one being. That's harder to do when they are dressed differently. Dressing them different also gives other people a reminder of who is who, so the kids can be called by their names and not by "twins" "the girls" or something like that.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 28th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for posting and answering!!! I was thinking the same thing.

February 28th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should add that another reason I don't dress them alike a lot of the time is because I buy a ton of their clothes secondhand. I could make a point to go to twin sales, but I don't. I just buy what I like. I figure if we have a 3rd girl, she's going to have the biggest wardrobe instead of 2 of every outfit.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

February 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always dressed them alike, they are my 3rd and 4th, and its really sweet, the two older kids love it!
I will stop doing it when the twins ask me to stop, which I suspect will be once they hit prek next year.
I like dressing them alike also, then that forces us to really study them to know which is which, if one is in green and the other in blue, I can automatically tell them apart from across the room, and it sort of feels like cheating.
March 1st, 2011, 05:55 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
depends on what is available. When we are out I always dress them in either coordinating or matching outfits. I try to get the same outfits in different colors or prints. Sometime they don't have that and they get the same outfit. At home they rarely match. Here they normally stay in sleepers and those are always bought second hand. I buy a lot of their outfits at consignment sales. I can normally find matching/coordinating out fits there but it takes a lot of sorting. The girls also have colors. If a set of outfits has a purple one it's Lilly's. If it's pink its Abby's.

March 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone for answering !!! I also buy alot from garage sales and probably more so now due to having two at once..... I just hate spending that kind of money when they only wear them a few months, But I am sure (since I love to shop) that i will buy some matching clothes !!!
March 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost never dress them alike. I have a couple outfits that are matching, but that's it. If I buy them new outfits (a lot of the stuff I get is also second hand) I usually go with outfits that are complimentary and not identical.

March 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I'll admit to dressing my boys matching/coordinating a lot. I find its just easier to buy 2 of the same outfit. Its not so much the matching thing that I like, its having them wear the same type of clothing, ex both wearing jeans and long sleeves, or short sleeves and athletic pants. I buy their clothing from other MoMs and then end up selling it to another, which reminds me I what I will be doing this weekend.

March 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
DH refuses to let me dress the boys alike, so we do coordinating outfits so they at least match. If there is a blue then TJ always wears it and Ty wheres the other color.

March 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Super Mommy
At first, I dressed my boys in matching outfits whenever we went out. However, I started dressing them in different outfits when they were 2 or 3. The main reason for this was that I was tired of the constant attention and questions. We still get questions from time to time, but I have found that it is now usually moms of multiples who are younger than my boys.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
March 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
GirlzRock's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateandjenny View Post
depends on what is available. When we are out I always dress them in either coordinating or matching outfits. I try to get the same outfits in different colors or prints. Sometime they don't have that and they get the same outfit. At home they rarely match. Here they normally stay in sleepers and those are always bought second hand. I buy a lot of their outfits at consignment sales. I can normally find matching/coordinating out fits there but it takes a lot of sorting. The girls also have colors. If a set of outfits has a purple one it's Lilly's. If it's pink its Abby's.

If I have the choice, Kylee is usually in pink and Kira is purple I keep track of their bottles that way too.

Wife to Kris
Mom to FIVE girls! Jade (13), Alexandra (7), Leyna (5) and twins Kira and Kylee!

March 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The girls are dressed identical about 95% of the time...down the onesies and socks!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search