Not sure what to think**UPDATE**

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
I had my biophysical profile today and they cut the NST short so I can meet with the doctor. The u/s measurements said baby a was 3 lbs 3 oz and baby b was 4 lb 7 oz. Both have grown/gained 1 pounds since the last growth measurement 2 weeks ago but baby a was in the lower percentile and baby b was in the upper percentile but both were considered in normal range...so they shipped me off to L & D and to maternal fetal. Well L & D was annoyed that they only ran a 20 minute NST so they hooked me up for a hours and said heartrates and movenment were great - even though my doctors office said one was non response, etc. L & D said well it takes time for babies to get moving after you are moving around and were not concerned. Maternal Fetal finally saw me and did a level II - they checked flow and said placenta and all looks great. They did a growth u/s too and baby A was 3lb 5oz and baby b was 4 lb 13 oz. They was to monitor me twice a week now. They think that the babies are just growing at their own pace - even though baby a is smaller - they check for intrauterine growth retardation and said that with that the belly always measures small and her belly was fine - she is just smaller. I don't plan on looking anything up online b/c I a a wreck already. I know these u/s can be off and aren't 100% accurate but most times there is a descrepancy I haven't seen doctors go to these measure for monitoring. Any experience with this?

UPDATE
Ok so my girlfriend is an L & D nurse reasured me alot! She also asked what the score was on the profile - so since they never gave it to me I called. Apparently I ruffled some feathers by asking and such b/c the nurse got rather annoyed at me and told me that if I had any further questions about their practice and what not I should address them to the doctor! WTH?!!! I said I had concerns about how things went yesterday and would like my score for the BPP - that's all. Well to make a long story short she was pissed that I was questioning things but the score was baby a 8/8 and baby b 8/8. She said I was sent to L & D for a non-reactive baby..which is not what dh and were told. My girlfriend who is a nurse even said with scores like that how do you even have a non-reactive baby that is contradictory! I hope everything continues to be good with the babies. Thank you ladies for everything....I keep praying that things go well

Last edited by mom_of2; March 15th, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
March 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly have no idea! Never had that problem. Hope everything is ok though! Yeah I agree with staying away from google. I forgot but are they identical? I know you probably already told us. I just can't keep all you preggo girls straight! If you are maybe thats why they want to monitor you more? Are they doing nsts twice a week or ultrasounds twice a week?

March 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateandjenny View Post
Honestly have no idea! Never had that problem. Hope everything is ok though! Yeah I agree with staying away from google. I forgot but are they identical? I know you probably already told us. I just can't keep all you preggo girls straight! If you are maybe thats why they want to monitor you more? Are they doing nsts twice a week or ultrasounds twice a week?
Di/di fraternal twins. NST twice a week and then in three weeks another u/s.

March 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually doctors are concerned about different sizes when you have ID twins and there is a possibility of TTTS. Both of my girls had abdomens in the 20% and legs in the 90%. The people doing our u/s were very concerned for a few weeks until they realized that the kids were built that way. Today they are still long and thin. At 18m they were only 19 and 20 lbs.

I hope the same thing holds true for your baby A and he/she is just growing at their own pace.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 14th, 2011, 07:25 PM
How do they know they are fraternal? di/di can be either. I had nsts biweekly starting at 32 weeks. The only thing I thought they would be worried about would be TTTS and thats not a problem for you. Sounds they are are prob just being overly cautious. The upside is you will get to here them more often.

March 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Many many OBs automatically say di/di are fraternal, mine included, so I gave her a bit of an education LOL.

Anway. . . .Try not to worry TOO much. They've been telling me off and on from the beginning that my girls have big heads and short legs. . .the last u/s looked fantastic, big heads and short legs included. Another thing to consider is that the further along we get the less accurate the measurements are. Breathe easy, trust your body, try not to stress *hugs*
March 15th, 2011, 05:14 AM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I can add is that my guys NEVER cooperated with NSTs. Seriously I would sit for HOURS and they just wouldn't do what they were supposed to. They would take me in to do the ultrasound and they would be fine. They were just stinkers. I wouldn't worry about them not reacting to the NSTs . I think those are pretty flawed. As to the size well, I don't know. Mine were born 7 ozs apart but Brooklynn always measured about a pound to a pound and a half less than Jason when in utero. Let us know and I will pray for you.

March 15th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies! I personally think there was alot of over reaction yesterday which upset me. I don't think there was any need to admit me to L & D and when they told me 20 minutes for a NST is too short it really got me mad. I spoke to the nurse from my doctors office and complained that there is alot discrepancy in policies, especially since the one nurse said they were not getting the acclerations or reativeness....but L & D had not problem. She wasn't too happy with me. Oh well. Thank you again for putting my mind at ease for now. I go back Thursday and hopefully things are ok

March 15th, 2011, 07:09 AM
It sounds like they over reacted a little bit. hopefully you aren't as stressed out! That's the last thing you need! now you will get to see that they are ok at least twice a week.

March 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Hopefully it was just an over reaction! Good luck at your apt on Thursday! Try not to stress ♥

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

March 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you were able to get the numbers. Good for you for calling. You have to be your own advocate. If something doesn't sound right, then you should ask. I called back after a horrible u/s and told the scheduler that I needed to make 100% sure that I never saw that dr. again. He was so bad!

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 16th, 2011, 07:37 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Glad everything worked out. In my final months I had weekly NST's and weekly BPP's done. Once I had a non responsive baby and he sent me over to L&D testing for an NST. He could have done it, but my peri didn't have hours to sit and hold the wand over me.

I also wanted to add that mine were also di/di and later did zygosity testing and mine are identical.

March 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I would consider talking to the dr about that nurse and the whole situation. There is no reason for her to be rude for you asking important questions especially after they made you so worried! kinda annoys me....

I am really glad to hear a good update!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search