Ugh!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I am on modified bedrest. I am off work a month before I can really afford to be, and am unable to properly care for my home, let alone my 13 month old son! My blood pressure shot up really high and I had a really irregular heart rythm so they told me I should be happy I was being released from the hospital at all and that modified bedrest was generous. I guess I am ungrateful! lol.

Ok, end rant. Did anybody else here have to be on modified bedrest at the end of their pregnancy? I went from patiently awaiting the girls to c'mon c'mon c'mon! lol. blah, it's so boring!
March 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was and it SUUUUUCKED! I only had one kid to look after though so I don't know. I am praying for you though. HUGS!

March 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do much but sit around from 25weeks on. It sucked, but i was able to work from home. I had to monitor contractions for at least 2 hours every day while laying on my side. The worst days was when I would fail (have too many contractions), give myself medicine, fail again and have to remonitor. There was one day that I spent 6 hours (3 in the morning and 3 at night) hooked up to my monitor. It was so boring and so frustrating, but totally worth it in the end. You'll be so happy when your girls are here, but you'll be glad they baked as long as possible. All this won't seem to matter at that point.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 21st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Veteran
i was on strict bedrest for a month before i had the babies who still came a month early. it was tough but its so worth it- noah was in the nicu for 9 days and i saw what babies looked like who were born when i first had preterm labor and was put on bedrest. i actually think bedrest helped me "let go" of things and be a more patient person. i couldn't be my neurotic self and had to let others help me- two things that have helped me since the babies came. hopefully u have help available, especially with a little one to take care of already. take it easy!
March 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was never on actual bedrest but took a very "take it easy" attitude and then was admitted to the hospital at 32 weeks, although I could walk around my room, take showers, not really any restrictions. I must be a weirdo and maybe it's b/c I didn't have any kids to take care of, but I LOVED it!! I was like WhOOOHOOO, seriously, I loved taking it easy and having people wait on me. The hospital staff treated me like a queen.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
March 21st, 2011, 06:59 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was It started when I was 31 weeks lasted until my water broke at 36 weeks. I'm sorry, but try to rest as much as you can. Like the others said, baking them as long as possible is totally worth having to be on bedrest.

March 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to quit working at 27 weeks. I was allowed to make short trips out of the house and some light stuff around the house. I was on hospital bed rest at 345 weeks. The worst part was hospital bed rest just because of the bed and it was really lonely. Funny enough the only people that came to visit me were people I hadn't seen in years! Nate couldn't come see me everyday. They treated me like a queen too. My hospital was wonderful. I think I would have had a meltdown at the end if it wasn't for them!

March 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry all of this is happening - sorry I can't be of much help now (doctors still have not put any restrictions on me) but I hope you take it easy...which understandably is easier said than done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search