hope you don't mind me asking a question!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So tomorrow I have my second OB visit and while my first one did include an U/S that showed 1 baby, I still have not been able to shake that feeling that there are 2. I have had dreams and my son even picked out twin baby girl dolls for my daughters b-day gift!! Anyways, I have heard that it is possible for an early U/S to miss twins but I want to hear from you ladies...how many of you were told there was only one only to find out later about your twins? I know I am being totally nuts and DH would flip if he knew I still thought it possible...but I need to indulge the craziness for now... Thanks ladies!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
March 28th, 2011, 11:57 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me. I was told one baby at 9 weeks and at 22 weeks, TADA! twins.
March 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow! That must have been quite a shock! So was baby B hiding like right behind baby A? My U/S was taken at just over 7 weeks and they said that they could see the yolk sac thing next to the baby, but that there is only one in there. I know that twins are higher risk, but I still have that gut feeling that the tech missed something. So, if you don't mind me asking, you never measured far enough ahead that they thought to check again? Did they do dopplers to hear HB every visit?

March 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had no idea their were two until 16 weeks when I was measuring larger. I had ultrasound at 18 weeks and their were two.
March 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
mommabirdof4
I know it can happen and that it does...but we saw two very clear babies and heartbeats at 5 weeks 6 days. They we were so far apart we couldn't get them in one shot. I think it is maybe more common in twins that share a sac.
March 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We only saw one baby at our 6w u/s. We saw the second one at almost 9 weeks.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We saw 2 from our first u/s at 8 weeks. I know someone here in town though that didn't find out until over 20 weeks (and she had 2 ultrasounds before that one), so anything is possible.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
March 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Both mine were seen at my 6w appt. And both HB's were heard. Dopplers were done at every OB visit.

March 28th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Don't disregard intuition!! We just confirmed 2 babies at 18 wks, but I also knew all along that there was more than one in there!
March 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think baby B was hiding behind baby A, I didn't measure larger and they only ever found baby A with the doppler, so it was truly a shock when they told us there were two babies at our 22 week u/s! I suspected bfore 9 weeks that there might be twins, but believed the OB when she told me just one baby I am excited now and eager to meet our girls!
March 28th, 2011, 10:46 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I wasn't quite 6 weeks along when I had my first sono and tech saw both babies. They were in different sacs though. And yeah, I "just knew" it was going to be twins. The tech told me there was a 2nd one in there and I said, "yeah." She said, "You don't sound surprised." I told her I wasn't.

I wasn't measuring big either and I didn't have any m/s. Jack was doing perfectly fine as late as 14 weeks when we heard his normal heartbeat on doppler.
March 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, your stories are so amazing!! I go in today in about an hour for my visit, probably won't learn anything new...but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

March 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, the visit was really short. He got held up earlier so was running really late. I waited for him for 40 minutes and he was in an obvious hurry. He had a hard time finding the HB adn once he did all I could hear was my own. So, no new info. Other than gaining a few pounds. Guess I just have to keep waiting.

April 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm 12 weeks already and I feel huge! My pants are getting too tight and some of those shirts that are borderline for length are now too short to hide my growing belly. My Mom and Hubby are telling me that I really look pregnant now. I am eating all the time (fortunatly I have avocados adn chips to keep me away from the cupcakes I made for DD birthday party yesterday!) and I am still super tired. I am starting to take my vitamins including Iron adn vitamin D on a more regualr basis so I am hoping that helps with the lack of spunk. Just wanted to keep you updated...still nothing concrete...next visit is the end of April and I am not holding my breath for any new info until my U/S in May since I have heard that the doppler is unreliable for identifiing twins on its own. Thank you ladies for your stories and please keep me in your prayers-that I can deal with and accept whatever ends up being the case!!

April 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a sonography school anywhere near you? Here you can pay for extra ultrasounds (part of it is 3d) for $15. Maybe you can sneak an extra peak!

April 4th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateandjenny View Post
Do you have a sonography school anywhere near you? Here you can pay for extra ultrasounds (part of it is 3d) for $15. Maybe you can sneak an extra peak!
That is a great idea. One of the women in my DDC did that also, except the place near her did them for free. She said it was the most informative one she ever had, because the teacher was explaining all kinds of things to the students. If you have anything near you that would be worth it ... i would drive myself nuts waiting to find out.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 4th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a free u/s at DH's work. It was awesome. We had engineers working on the machines while other people were doign the u/s. We got our best u/s pics from that and some great videos as well.

Anyway, keep us posted when you have your next appointment. I think plenty of women are super tired and hungry with just one and some aren't with two. If you want twins, then I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search