36.5 weeks and counting!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really never thought I'd get much past 36 weeks! I overanalyze every twinge and pray for labor everyday lol. I am veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrry uncomfy but I'm sure it could be worse. I'm hopelessly addicted to facebook and cityville since I've been stuck on the couch for the majority of my time

At my appt Thursday I measured at 45 weeks which was pretty trippy for me I know a lot of women with a shorter torso would measure larger but with my two singletons I always measured a week or two behind, so this is all new

I have an appt next Thursday where we will set an induction date. Both babies are head down so I really feel blessed to be able to attempt a natural birth. I am hoping to go into labor on my own but with each passing week my b/p is more and more elevated and unstable, so we've got to get these girls safe. The induction should be scheduled right around 38 weeks so I should have some cute li'l girlie pics to post soon!

Any tips from btdt twin mamas on how to get a little more comfy physically? I wake up every morning feeling like I was beaten repeatedly by a group of drug crazed gang bangers all night long!!!!
April 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
mommabirdof4
No tips here...I wake up most morning feeling like a buss has been running over he all night.

Great job on making it this far...hope you go into labor on your own...would be wonderful for the babies to pick their own B-day I know that is what I am hoping.

I am praying my boys stay head down...I sooo do not want a c-section.
April 2nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Super Mommy
LOL I know what you mean - I am not that much further behind you! The only thing that hurts me is my pelvis! Maybe try sleeping with a bunch of pillows around you? That seems to work for me - but I am up every 1 1/2-2 hours at night anyway. Keep me posted on your appointment this week - I have two on Monday and 1 on Thursday.

April 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No tips on getting comfy... I was sooooooooooooo uncomfortable no matter how I positioned myself. I was up every hour 1/2 or so at night heading to the bathroom anyway so sleep wasn't happening for me either. I was still working at that point and thankfully my co-workers took great care of me and kept me off my feet. I felt (and looked) like a 90 year old woman when I walked. lol.

My advice to you is to REST as much as you can. Keep your feet up too. That's awesome that both babies are head down. I wish mine were as obedient. As far as a c-section goes, mine wasn't bad at all. I was up and moving around 2 hours after surgery and didn't need any pain meds when I left the hospital. So you never know.

GL with the rest of your pregnancy... you are in the final stretch now!
April 3rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chiropractor!!!! I can't stress how amazing the right chiropractor can be. I went to one starting at about 32 or 33 weeks. OMG! I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was until she fixed things for me. She gave A&E so much more room. I could walk comfortably and even starting going on walks around our neighborhood at 35w when my Dr. cleared me to get off the couch again. I could sleep comfortably. Rolling over was still ridiculous, but the sleeping part was great with the help of a bunch of pillows. I was still uncomfortable by 36w, but it was no where near what it could have been. My hips were fine thanks to the chiropractor.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 3rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no tips. I only slept an hour or two at a time starting at around 33 or 34 weeks. good luck!

April 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No tips as I am starting to get real uncomfy these days as well!! Yay for making it past 36 weeks!! Hope they decide to come on their own soon!!!

April 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Lindsey.'s Avatar Veteran
I was like the Princess and the Pea the last month or so. It was pain in my hipbones from the extra pressure that was waking me up at night. I had a big cotton comforter that I folded over on itself several times to give me more padding on top of the mattress, then I had two pillows, one underneath my side/belly, and another underneath my upper legs. That way my hipbone was kind of "hanging" in between the two pillows and resting on the comforter pad. Then I had a big body pillow that I hugged.

It was quite a feat to set up every night, but it really helped.

April 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Veteran
congratulations on making it so far! i'm glad to know it's possible.
April 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
they're almost here, how exciting!!
Hopefully this last bit of time passes quickly and easily for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search