New here!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I just want to introduce myself real quick. My little men were born 1/13/11, Finnian & Remington. I had an AMAZING ANC. I have four boys total. Cael is 4 and Kipp 2 and the babies are almost 3 months. DH is deployed right now, but will only be gone about 5 more weeks. Thankfully his deployment was just over 2 months so nothing too terrible. Of course it is still sad for daddy to be gone. We have a friend from my hometown that has come to nanny for us while DH is gone so that is a MAJOR blessing. I don't think I could make it without her! Four boys 4 and under is more than I want to tackle ALONE for MONTHS at a time!! I am excited to get to know you all! Now that the babies are here I am not able to be online much, but hope to stop in as much as possible. I need all the advice I can get!
I want to put my babies in separate cribs. What do you do?

April 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
welcome :-) I'm fairly new here myself and pregnant with twins. SO and I each have a boy of our own so we will also have 4 under 3yrs when these babies come!! I'm due sometime around halloween but know they will come earlier.

your boys are adorable!!!!

April 11th, 2011, 06:28 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lurking grandma -- love your baby names!!!! congrats!!

oh and my grandsons slept in the same bassinette till they were too big. then they went into their own cribs. they have the mini-cribs and at almost 17 months still fit fine.

~~terre~~
April 12th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I can help with advice yet, because mine won't be here for a little while yet (due in June). This board is great though for advice. I will tell you when the NICU nurse came to speak to our multiples club here in town a month or two ago she said never to put them to sleep in the same crib. Now, I know that goes against what a lot of people say and do, but I am just passing on what we were told.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 12th, 2011, 07:25 AM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats & welcome! Your boys are beautiful!

Joey & Alex slept in the same bassinett until they were too big. Then they went to their own cribs. We had all intentions of putting them in the same crib together, but Joey hated sleeping on her back, so she slept in a swing for a couple of months. Now, they are both in separate cribs because they both move around a lot and we don't want them hitting each other or waking each other up. Our drs told us that it was perfectly fine to put them in the same crib if we wanted to. Twins share a bond and most of the time appreciate being close to one another. Do whatever you feel is right for you though and don't let anyone convince you to do something that you don't want to do!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

April 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran
Congrats on your beautiful boys! I have 6 month old twins, Kira and Noah. Glad you have help- I had my Mom stay with us for 2 weeks and that was so helpful! I used the Graco twin pack n' play. It is a regular play yard but instead of having a newborn bassinet ( that holds up to 15 lbs) on the top it has two bassinets ( which holds 15 lbs each). We used that for a very long time- at first both babies fit into one side and then we separated them into each side. Now they are in the same crib in their own room. They are happy in there like that for now!
Enjoy your little newborns!
April 12th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board and congrats on your baby boys!! I have no advice as my twins won't be here until June.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search