Mini Crib Question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did anyone use the mini cribs with their twins? I ask, because that is what we went with. The bedrooms in our house are very small, and it would have been near impossible to fit 2 full sized cribs in the nursery. The mini-cribs looked like a great alternative, and I do like them so far. We put them together and they seem very sturdy (we went with these Amazon.com: DaVinci Emily Mini Crib - Honey Oak: Baby)

My question though is what you do for mattresses/bedding with them? The "mattress" that comes with them is nothing more than a thin piece of foam with so vinyl over it, and doesn't look like it would be comfortable for long. I have looked up real mattresses for them, and they do sell 1 or 2 designed to go with them, but the one all the reviews seem to like is 5 inches thick! Ok, where do you get sheets to fit a 5 inch think mini crib? I can't find them if they are out there. I know the pack and play sheets fit the mini-cribs, and that is what we have over the mattresses that came with it. Those might even fit a mattress that was a an inch or 2 thick, but not 5 inches!

If any of you used them, I would love to know what worked for you for mattresses and sheets ..

Thanks!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I don't have any experience with the mini cribs.

My twins slept together for the first 6 months in an arms reach co-sleeper. Then together til 9 months in a full size crib after that we split them into full size cribs.

Could you costume back crib sheets to fit that mattress? maybe look on etsy..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
April 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could make a crib sheet. I was going to make sheets but my mom beat me to it. She sewed us quilts for the girls and made a sheet for each crib to match.

Making a sheet is incredibly easy, even if you have virtually no sewing skills. You do need a sewing machine though. I'm sure you can find an online tutorial on how to make the sheet. I used to have a link, but my harddrive fried out a couple weeks ago and I lost everything like that since I hadn't backed up anything non essential.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have our grandsons in the mini cribs and its been fine. i did, in fact, make one sheet and bumper but have not finished the other since there is no place to sew anymore!! lissy found sheets easily at USA Baby that are made to fit the mini crib mattresses that are the thick ones. i recommend you get the better mattresses, for sure. she was also able to find a bumper made to fit, also at USA Baby. oh and they are now almost 17 months and still fit comfortably in the cribs.
April 19th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Lissy! I have never heard of USA Baby, so I will have to check them out. Worse comes to worse, I will sew one like someone suggested, I am just so behind on other sewing projects lately and haven't had much motivation to sew, so I am reluctant to add one more project to the list ....

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search