Birth Survey

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies, I wanted to post a survey about your multiple births so I can get some more info! Please feel free to add anything if I missed something

1. What gestational age did you have your babies?
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section?
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor?
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date?
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come?
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth?
5. Did they go to the NICU?
5a. If yes, for how long?
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies?

Thanks for participating!!!!

April 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 36 weeks
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? c-section
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? yes
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? 2 days
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? scheduled Lilly was having some small issues
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 5lbs 1oz and 5lbs 6oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? Abby did
5a. If yes, for how long? 2 days
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? not great lol I have a bit of twin skin.

April 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37w3d
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? C/S
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? We got to chose the time
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? the day before
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? Owen had stopped growing on his last u/s (which actually wasn't true) and with my BP we decided to take them since I was almost 38wks
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 5lb 5oz, 5lb 13oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? Nope, Rhys spent two days in the nursery, more than likely due to having a c/s and not getting the 'squeeze'
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? I am saving up for my tummy tuck as we speak, hopefully sometime next summer, so basically its dreadful

April 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'll answer the questions for our birth mom, since she's the one who actually delivered the twins.

1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37w3d
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? yes and no. It was scheduled for the following Sunday, but she went into labor on the Tuesday prior to the scheduled and had a c-section then
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? It was scheduled on a Monday for the following Sunday, but she went into labor the next day
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? The babies came on their own after having it scheduled
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 5lbs even and 5lbs 6oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? no
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? Can't answer this one for our birth mom

April 22nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 36w5d
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? C/S
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? I had one scheduled for 38w5d, but obviously didn't make it. My Dr. would not schedule it before 38w and that was the soonest to 38w the hospital had open for scheduling.
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? I can't remember when we put the scheduled on on the calendar, but I think it was around 34w
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? I don't know if I've ever admited this here...Dh and I dtd trying to get them to come. How horrible is that? I was just ready and had been having strong contractions for days. About an hour after my contractions went from sporadic (every 2-5 minutes) to very regular. I labored at home for about 6 hours (in the middle of the night) and then went into the hospital where they gave me drugs to stop the labor. It stopped the front, but not the back labor. I went home and my water broke a few hours later.
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 5lb 5oz, 5lb 12 oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? No.
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? It looks good. I have not worked on the muscles like I should. I was swimming a lot, which made it look great, but then I stopped going to the pool. I still work out regularly, but not focusing on those muscles makes a difference. I need to do more core work.
This is from the very beginning of my pregnancy about a month after a laporascopy:

This is 36w:

These are from today. I'm at least 10 lbs lighter than I was in the previous pic, but you can see how my muscles is stretched a little around my belly button area. It's not bad though. I also included my csection scar so you can see how good it can look. I had a discussion with my doctor ahead of time to see who would be sewing me up and how they woudl be doing it. I wanted to make sure they would do a good job and would not use staples, since I personally did not want them. I gained 35 lbs total and it took awhile to get that off. I lost the first 20 or so with the delivery. By 6 months PP I was feeling pretty good about my stomach. It takes 9 months (usually) to get that way, so you have to allow 9 months to really get near where you were before.

ETA: I'm also super bloated from being on CD1.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
alright celry you suck. You look amazing! My belly looks no where near that good.

April 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
answering for elissa:

1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 32 weeks exactly
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? it was an emergency section
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? n/a
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? her water broke
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 4 pounds and 4 pounds 12 ounces
5. Did they go to the NICU? yes
5a. If yes, for how long? cody for 4 weeks and garret for about 5 weeks
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? she looks GREAT although she would not admit that. she thinks she should still be a size 3-4 petite.

~~terre~~
April 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh celry you look amazing!!! I can only hope to look even anywhere NEAR as good as that when I'm done! Holy crapola!

Thanks to everyone who has shared so far. It makes me worry a little less about delivery because I was afraid of not making it very far. By the sounds of this board if I make it to 36 weeks then the babies should be great

April 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37w1d
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? vaginally
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? n/a
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? n/a
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? I was induced the previous day after my blood pressure spiked.
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 6lbs 11oz and 5lbs 5oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? nope, they roomed in with me the whole time, Abby did receive some oxygen for about 5 minutes or so after birth but then was fine
5a. If yes, for how long? n/a
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? I am six weeks postpartum and it is flabbier than it used to be and my belly button definitely looks different, but I expect it will be fine in another month or two

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

April 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 28 weeks
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? emergency c-section because of severe HELLP Syndrome. HELLP Syndrome is low platelet count, high bp, spilling protein in my urine and kidney and liver were shutting down.
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? emergency c-section
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? 30 minutes before Was waiting on more blood to arrive
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? emergency c-section
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 2 pounds 2 ounces and 1 pound 9 ounces
5. Did they go to the NICU? yes
5a. If yes, for how long? 2 months 2 days and 5 months 2 days before Madison passed due to her having been born with a Diaphragmatic Hernia, premature and developing pneumonia
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? twin skin and weigh 20 pounds more than when I delivered. I eat when i am depressed.
April 22nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for asking this ... it has been an interesting read for me too, as I start to really wonder how much longer I will have. (hopefully a lot longer, but it is interesting to see what the averages seem to be)

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 23rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 36w5d
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? c/s
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? yes, but Ty's water broke so I had them 5 days before my scheduled date.
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? I think we scheduled a few weeks in advance.
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? water broke before my scheduled date.
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? Ty 6lbs and TJ 6lbs 3ozs
5. Did they go to the NICU? Ty did
5a. If yes, for how long? 4 days, only because the night nursery nurse screwed up and fed him with a fast flow nipple and he started turning blue. Then he was having trouble maintaining body temp which is typical for preterm babies. They don't get the brown fat that babies develop the last few weeks in the womb. Just make sure to really keep them bundled up and take their temp before every feed. They can't eat if their body temp is down.
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? I got pg with the twins when DD was only 9 months old so I never got to pre preggo weight. I've now lost all the weight plus an additional 20lbs, but my stomach is still distended and I have a lot of lose skin. I will be getting a tummy tuck once I don't have to lift the kids.

April 23rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37 weeks 2 days
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? C-section
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? Yes
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? A month beforehand
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? Scheduled
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? Madelyn was 5 lbs 9 oz and Malia was 5 lbs 13 oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? Yes they both did
5a. If yes, for how long? 13 days. They had breathing issues and temp issues but the main reason why they were there so long was they weren't feeding well.
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? It is still pretty flabby even though I have lost all my pregnancy weight and then some. lol. I also have a umbilical hernia. It either happened during the pregnancy or during the c-section when they were digging the girls out. It doesn't hurt or bother me so they won't consider surgery yet. So I still look like I am 4 months prego.
April 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies?38 weeks
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor?n/a
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date?n/a
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? induction scheduled the day before because my b/p kept spiking. I was already 4cm and 80% effaced though
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 6lbs 7 oz and 6lbs 7.5 oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? No
5a. If yes, for how long? n/a
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? um. . .I have a hate/hate relationship with my stomach right now but it's only been 11 days. . .get back to me in a few weeks! lol
April 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 38 weeks
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? yes. Alex (baby B) was breach and my Dr. decided that a c-section would be safest
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? about a month. We kept waiting for Alex to flip but he didn't
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? scheduled
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? Joey (baby A) was 6lbs and Alex (baby B) was 5lbs 14oz.
5. Did they go to the NICU? Nope
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? I'm 6lbs under my pre pregnancy weight (I only gailed 20lbs) and I have some extra skin just hanging around. My belly button is a little saggy too. I put my belly button ring back in and it just hangs. I'm trying to do crunches every morning and every night to try to tighten things back up!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

April 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37w2d
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? vaginal
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? went into labor on my own (Baby A's water broke at home)
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 6lbs and 6lbs 15oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? no
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? not terrible...lots of stretch marks, but those are fading (and one bonus, I didn't notice any extra stretch marks with our last baby!! ) Belly button has definitely taken on a different shape, but oh well. Let me see if I can scrounge up some pictures and be as brave as Celry.

2 months before the twins were conceived

36 weeks (I went another 8 days from these pics)

Just found out we were pregnant with our 3rd (so 4wks preg)

Last edited by JessieJean; April 25th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.
April 26th, 2011, 11:09 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 31 weeks
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? they decided when they were coming
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 3lb 20z and 3lb 13oz

5. Did they go to the NICU? yup
5a. If yes, for how long? dakota spent 2 months, rylan 7 months
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? pretty gross

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
May 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
. What gestational age did you have your babies? [COLOR="Magenta"]34 weeks on the dot![/COLOR
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? C-section
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? Scheduled, but only because I was on hospitalized bed rest for almost a month.
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? 3 days
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? Scheduled
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? 5 lbs 13 oz and 4 lbs 10 oz
5. Did they go to the NICU? Yes
5a. If yes, for how long? 10 days and 14 days
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? Not so hot
May 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 35 weeks
2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section?
2a. If by c-section, was it scheduled by your doctor? No. It was an emergency c-section. Although I had another date scheduled further out.
2b. If it was scheduled, how far in advance did you know the date? About 2 months with the originally scheduled date.
3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? My OB was concerned about a possible uterine rupture b/c of pain at the sight of my previous incision. So that necessitated a emergecy c-section.
4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? Baby A was 6 lbs. 3 oz. Baby B was 5 lbs. 2 oz.
5. Did they go to the NICU? No
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? Terrible! And this is almost 6 years later. But I have 2 amazing kids to show for it, so I really don't care.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 11th, 2011, 08:15 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What gestational age did you have your babies? 37 weeks and 4 days

2. Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? vaginally in the L&D room!!!

3. Was your delivery scheduled or just happen when the babies decided to come? At 34 weeks I was 3 cm dilated and my OB said he'd be surprised if I made it through the week. Then at 37 weeks we scheduled an induction for 38 weeks. At 37+4 my water broke

4. How much did your babies weigh at birth? M= 4 lbs 8 oz S= 6 lbs
5. Did they go to the NICU? Nope
6. How does your stomach look now compared to before the babies? I'm not going to lie. It looks awful. I had pretty bad diastasis (stomach muscles separate) and an umbilical hernia, so the top of my stomach still sticks out. I am full of stretch marks and the front of my tummy looks like dough. That said, it looks a lot better now than it did a few years ago! But I still have a looong way to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search